Re: Save Problems and Issues : It Takes two

by MichaelShuster

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

That is extremely disappointing. The guy is brilliant and broken.

Both EA and the creators cannot be unaware of the issues.

The only thing I would say is push through, the game is fantastic and well worth finishing.

I mention earlier in the thread that if you find a mini game, play at least one game of it, then if the save does not work, you can access the mini game from the menu and the game will normally (some people have said not always) start from that point.

Message 51 of 59 (2,619 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue.

PS5

Is this going to be solved?

Just won the giant beetle (almost the end of the tree chapter)

And tried to start over at the plunger mini game

But couldn't get it to continue

Now I have to replay like an hour+

Message 52 of 59 (2,453 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I highlighted it to them nearly 2 years ago March 2021, someone from the forum acknowledged it a little while after and then never followed up.

They are not fixing the issues years after release.

Terrible customer relations. sad but it's a great game.

Message 53 of 59 (2,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The combination of a great game with a broken save system is so frustrating. 

Message 54 of 59 (2,227 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium It’s January 2023 and this bug still exists. PS5 Digital Edition. Why hasn’t it been fixed? It is the top complaint.
Message 55 of 59 (2,186 Views)

★★ Novice
@speciuk I see from the posts that you have been after EA for 2 years to fix this bug. I’m going to join in your efforts. I too have this game and am less than pleased with no save points. I am over 70 years old and have nothing but time to bother EA about this. Today I called telephone support. I was assigned a case number, asked to be patient, was given the usual empty assurances that they’ll get on it.
Message 56 of 59 (2,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Purchased this on xBox S recently. Wish I had read this before. Great game, not worth the effort of starting going back miles to find it still doesn’t save properly. As this seems to have been an issue for years I don’t expect a resolution so asking for refund. I don’t expect to get that either. 

Message 57 of 59 (1,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We just purchased an Xbox s recently.. My wife and I had beat the toolbox and were into the tree. We waited a few days and came back and it took us to somewhere in the middle of the toolbox level. I'm wondering if there was ever any patch. Sad to see this has been going on for so long.

Message 58 of 59 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

We've been playing It Takes Two on our PS5 for close to two years now. Since we don't play it every day or even every week (busy schedule), we just completed the game last week and I've had a lot of experience in saving the game and coming back in to the same place ... or not Wink  It really is defeating to FINALLY beat one of the boss mobs, only to come back and find you have to do it all over again.  Thing is, the game is so danged fun, we bit the bullet and did it again. There really isn't any other game found that is so perfect and fun for two peeps to play together on one PS5.  If you know of one, I'd really appreciate you posting here, as we would love to have another game like this one to play. Since we haven't found one, we started this one over again and are finding it just as fun the 2nd time. 

On a high note, I finally figured our how to save the game, exit it, and come back to the exact same place when returning to play some more.  This is how, and it's worked every time! Use the 3 bars on the right side of your control to go to the chapter selection screen.  There you can see where you are in the game and there's a resume button too.  From there I hit the PlayStation button, click to the home screen and leave it in the Resting mode.  When I come back into the game, it's always where we left off, no problems.  I've even turned the PS5 off and found we're still in the same place when we reenter the game.

Hope that works for you too ... let me know.

~ FynDara

Message 59 of 59 (907 Views)