It takes two: my friend gets error code 401-fa2

by Brendyn20

Original Post

It takes two: my friend gets error code 401-fa2

★★ Newbie

Hey, when my friend (ps4) tries to join my game on it takes two (ps5) he gets the error code 401-fa2. I have done some research and asked around and I was told that ps4 and ps5 were compatible for online coop on this game. What can I do? (Btw I own the game he has friend pass)

Message 1 of 18 (14,215 Views)

Re: It takes two: my friend gets error code 401-fa2

Community Manager

Hey @Brendyn20 for issues such as this it may be worth speaking with PSN support as they would have a better understanding of the PSN error codes and if there is an issue playing co-op when you are on different consoles.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 18 (14,165 Views)

Re: It takes two: my friend gets error code 401-fa2

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko This seems to occur on the Xbox Series X as well, so it's not a PSN specific code. It occurs when I'm trying to log in to the EA servers.

Annoyingly, it doesn't save my login information when it happens so I have to type it all in again every time.
Message 3 of 18 (13,828 Views)

It Takes Two: friend gets error code 401-fa2

★ Novice

My friend who is a child under my account continues to get error code 401-fa2 when trying to sign into the EA servers on It Takes Two.

All permissions are enabled on the PSN of things both on my and their account. In addition, both of us have registered EA accounts.

Any ideas of what to do here? 

Message 4 of 18 (13,556 Views)

It Takes Two: Error Code 401-fa2

★ Novice

My friend cannot join the game because of error code 401-fa2. I bought the game and the friend has the friends pass. We both have PS plus active and both have active EA accounts. It seems as though this is on the EA error side since I've read it happens on both PS and XBox.

I have also tried all the simple solutions such as resetting the PS, reactivating licenses, deactivating/reactivating primary ps4 status for both me and my friend.

Are there any solutions to this?

Message 5 of 18 (13,520 Views)

401-fa2 error for It takes two on PS4

★★★ Newbie

My friend and i are experiencing this issue whenever we select to play online on our PS4. Both of us have Ps plus account valid till 2022. And both hv internet connection.

I managed to get into the play online menu after multiple tries. But my friend was unable to surpass the EA agreement stage to get into It Takes Two, to play ONLINE. 

EA we need a solution to this, as this is not thr first person facing this issue. This game requires two person to play. If unable to play online, its just a waste of our money purchasing the game. 

Message 6 of 18 (12,641 Views)

Re: 401-fa2 error for It takes two on PS4

★★★ Newbie

By the way, we hv already tried the following :

1) changed dns server to google dns

2) restore license

3) shut down PS4 and on it back after 30scds.

None of the above helps. And yes we hv updated our PS4 system & also the game.

We hv problem to surpass the EA agreement page. 

Message 7 of 18 (12,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having similar issues and keep getting error message 401-fa2. I have done the below:

1. Checked that my ps account is linked to ea

2. Delete and reinstall game

3. Restart my ps4

4 Reset my router

The error persists and I can’t think of what else to do.

Pls respond asap

Message 8 of 18 (12,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Done that except for number 1. How to check whether his psn is link with ea or not? He is still stuck at the accepting the terms in the EA agreement page. 

Message 9 of 18 (12,441 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Me too this is  so trrafic situation.

Plz solve this problem ea 401-fa2 issue

Message 10 of 18 (12,268 Views)