It takes two - Split screen lag issues and pirates ahoy octopus disconnect bug

by Weeeeyaaaam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

It takes two - Split screen lag issues and pirates ahoy octopus disconnect bug

★ Novice

There are some split screen lag issues that is manageable as we usually sometimes focus on our own screen which usually runs smooth on both ends. Which is not too bad, but we hope it could be smoother.

Main problem in finishing the game now through the friend pass is that every time we go through the octopus boss battle, we disconnect. At first we thought it was just a coincidence, but it already happened 4 times. Has anyone experienced and found a fix for this?

Hope EA fixes these issues soon. 

Message 1 of 21 (9,236 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: It takes two - Split screen lag issues and pirates ahoy octopus disconnect b

Community Manager
@Weeeeyaaaam Ok so switching to local for the battle got you past it?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 21 (9,128 Views)

All Replies

Re: It takes two - Split screen lag issues and pirates ahoy octopus disconnect b

Community Manager
@Weeeeyaaaam Are you getting an error message when disconnecting?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 21 (9,166 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Illium No. I just get a notification that the the person I'm playing with gets disconnect. We were able to play through it via local coop and continued to play online from there.

Message 3 of 21 (9,151 Views)

Community Manager
@Weeeeyaaaam Ok so switching to local for the battle got you past it?

Illium.png

Message 4 of 21 (9,129 Views)

★ Novice
Message 5 of 21 (9,114 Views)

Community Manager
@Weeeeyaaaam Thank you for sharing these steps, I can share this with my team.

Illium.png

Message 6 of 21 (9,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, 

Just to double up on this, I also have the exact same two problems. Checked with Discord Screen streaming, each of our boat positions is different (I am host and friend is ~90 degrees to the right), and Pirates ahoy keeps disconnecting from EA Server. We redid the beginning of the boat level, it did not help and the same problems persisted. 

Earlier in the game, we had issues with the Shield Wasp Boss Fight, where the goo-gun would not stick to any of the bees. A restart fixed this however. 

Thanks.

Message 7 of 21 (9,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

We just had exactly the same problem, only I play with friends pass and the Octopus level is not available at local level. So we'll have to eighter buy the game (again) or just wait 'til EA has solved this. It really SUCKS since we've been playing it three nights a row and I finally start to know which keys to press to go trough this game... 

Message 8 of 21 (8,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Gosha12334 I had the problem too and saw somewhere else that lowering the settings to medium might work.
It worked for me and my friend (we always played using friend pass)
Message 9 of 21 (8,769 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@turtlesoupt9 YES! I had the exact same issue last night and it’s nearly caused a break up in a game about fixing a divorce…
Message 10 of 21 (8,594 Views)