Original Post

Re: It Takes Two - Ships Ahoy chapter player disconnect

★★★ Novice

lowering the display options? ... I tested that but it didn't work for me
btw,thank you for helping

Message 21 of 64 (9,088 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

FYI, I merged a few posts into this thread so it's easier to keep track of this issue. Standard smile 

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 22 of 64 (9,061 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @SepSensi @ShinjiOtato @Ralph2411 @nickylovesall,

Apologies, I'm awfully spammy today but there's one more thing I should be checking with you folks:

Are your graphics drivers on the latest version?

If they are, could you maybe try and see if clean-installing the drivers changes anything?

Thanks so much for hanging in there!

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 23 of 64 (9,052 Views)

★★ Novice

My nvidia drivers are updated. I think using my work-around switching from Co-op online to co-op local (via steam remote play) is to troublesome when playing online. I can't check if the problem is fixed because we just skipped the ships ahoy level and continued playing co-op online in the next level.

• Coop online: Some additional info on the bug, when using the cannonball attack the ducks are invulnerable or not registering properly (watching videos confirm that the ducks are one-hit only), as the life bar is consumed the warning shows the players has left the session.
  • Tried connecting again and continuing the level doesn't fix the level. 
  • Used coop local to restart and finish the level and continued playing coop online.

Attached dxdiag below

Message 24 of 64 (9,045 Views)

★★ Novice

@ShinjiOtato  How do you skip the ship ahoy level or boss? We would consider doing this

@EA_Leeloo  As far as I know the graphic drivers are updated, I did think about it and actually had a new game ready driver update which I executed but it didn't help at all

Message 25 of 64 (9,041 Views)

★★ Novice

@Ralph2411 I tried playing the level locally with my brother, after finishing the level I switched to co-op online with my friend. 

I recommend using steam remote play to play the level until the boss fights is over, and switching to co-op online after the level has finished

Message 26 of 64 (9,038 Views)

★★ Novice

@ShinjiOtato  Is it possible to do this steam remote play online as well since the other person does not have someone else to play with locally?

Message 27 of 64 (9,036 Views)

★★ Novice

@Ralph2411 yes, once you start the game you can invite your friend by right clicking his name on steam.

Message 28 of 64 (9,029 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ShinjiOtato wrote:

My nvidia drivers are updated. I think using my work-around switching from Co-op online to co-op local (via steam remote play) is to troublesome when playing online. I can't check if the problem is fixed because we just skipped the ships ahoy level and continued playing co-op online in the next level.

• Coop online: Some additional info on the bug, when using the cannonball attack the ducks are invulnerable or not registering properly (watching videos confirm that the ducks are one-hit only), as the life bar is consumed the warning shows the players has left the session.
  • Tried connecting again and continuing the level doesn't fix the level. 
  • Used coop local to restart and finish the level and continued playing coop online.

Attached dxdiag below

@EA_Leeloo 

I can also confirm the same problem. I own the full game and my friend who was invited disconnects during that boss fight.

As mentioned above the ducks are immune and upon death of our ship my friend disconnects, from that point we can only replay with the same issue with no way to progress past this point.

I have not yet tried local co-op. 

I am UK and my friend Canada, I have added a DxDiag if needed.

Message 29 of 64 (9,021 Views)

★★ Novice

This solution of using steam remote play works perfectly fine, even if the distance between two players is big (Holland-Brazil). I can add that it is a good idea to not both use keyboard using remote play since this gave some weird issues of who is controlling what.

I actually used my PS5 controller plugged into my pc while my girlfriend used her keyboard and we got through the boss fight very quickly!

Message 30 of 64 (8,999 Views)