It Takes Two - PS4 Disc to PS5 Upgrade Not Available for Purchase

by Onlineguy7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

It Takes Two - PS4 Disc to PS5 Upgrade Not Available for Purchase

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I was fortunate enough to be gifted the PS4 disc version of It Takes Two for Christmas, and as a PS5 owner, I'm eager to take advantage of the free PS5 upgrade advertised on the box. As the fine print says, "Upgrade to the PS5 version at no additional cost. To upgrade eligible PS4 disc copies, players need a PS5 console with a disc drive."

I'm able to install the PS4 version without any issues, and I've tried the following steps:

1. I go to "View Product" for It Takes Two
  2. On the "View Product" page, I use the three dots to navigate to "It Takes Two - PS4 Disc to PS5 Upgrade"
  3. On the "It Takes Two - PS4 Disc to PS5 Upgrade" page I can choose between "Learn More," "Wishlist" and three dots.
  4. "Learn More" generates a Purchase Error message that says "You can't buy this product right now."
  5. The three dots give me the following options:
    1. Unfollow
    2. Hazelight Bundle
    3. It Takes Two PS4 & PS5 (the digital edition page)
    4. It Takes Two - Friend's Pass PS5
    5. Personalization Settings
    6. Health / Ratings / Privacy / Terms

None of which let me upgrade this product.

Please help - I've seen this issue documented elsewhere, but I haven't found any solutions.

Message 1 of 7 (3,637 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: It Takes Two - PS4 Disc to PS5 Upgrade Not Available for Purchase

Community Manager

@qm794jvtevwe @Onlineguy7 To confirm do you currently have the game in the PS5 disc drive? If so can you search the PS store?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (2,330 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. Any solutions? 

Message 2 of 7 (3,132 Views)

Community Manager
@Onlineguy7 To confirm do you currently have the game in the PS5 disc drive?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 7 (3,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I can't upgrade to PS5 version my disc PS4 game. Please help

Message 4 of 7 (2,757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been having the same problem with the PS5 upgrade not being available and i have the PS4 disc in the console at the time. I’m happy to try anything else as it seems odd to not have this simple upgrade work. 

It might also be worth mentioning that i am doing this from a PlayStation Plus Extra account. 

thanks for the help !

Message 5 of 7 (2,394 Views)

Community Manager

@qm794jvtevwe @Onlineguy7 To confirm do you currently have the game in the PS5 disc drive? If so can you search the PS store?

Illium.png

Message 6 of 7 (2,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Illium Hi there, just wanted to chime in with my experience so far and i can confirm i have the PS4 Disc in the PS5 console’s disc drive. I just tried it again today and i still get the “You can’t buy this product right now.” Purchase Error message. 

Thanks for your help in all this !

Message 7 of 7 (2,202 Views)