Original Post

Accepted Solution

It Takes Two Crashes My PC

★★ Novice

Hello,

It takes two completely crashes my pc. What will happen is:
- A cutscene starts
- my screen turns black
- pc shuts down but the ram RGB light stays on and so does the Power button's light.
- Power button does not function so I have to turn the power supply off and on.

The first time it happened was jsut after you get dropped off that ghost fish thing that drives itself into a wall. 
I fixed that one by changing to Windowed borderless mode.
The second time it happened was in the massive clock tower I think, and the most recent occurance was when the magnet in the snowy world turns into 1 magnet again.

I am completely lost, EA support agent wouldn't help if I didn't boot the game through Origin (so I tried) and it completely wiped my save game.

Specs:
CPU: R9 5900X
GPU: gigabyte rtx 2080ti
MOBO: Asus tuf x570 gaming plus WiFi
Psu: corsair HX1000i
Ram: 4x 16gb corsair vengeance rgb Pro @ 3200Mhz

Yes, components are fine, no heat issues, they run stress tests without any problems.

THanks in advance!

Message 1 of 15 (5,748 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: It Takes Two Crashes My PC

★★ Novice

Hey, 

I did end up upgrading my gpu and sold the old one to a friend of mine. 

He plugged in 2 power cables instead of 1 and it has been working perfectly for him. 

I suggest you try using 2 seperate power cables from the psu to the gpu and see if it helps. Otherwise I don't have a solution. 

Hope this helps. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (2,819 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Joppie_0 Are you running any other applications with the game?

Can you try repairing depending on your platform?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 15 (5,694 Views)

★★ Novice

I am, but it only happens with this game. I have no issues playing anything else. Other applications shouldn't be a problem. 

I always have discord and Spotify running, and that's basically it. 

Message 3 of 15 (5,689 Views)

Community Manager

@Joppie_0 Can you try running your device in a Clean Boot and seeing if this continues?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 15 (5,664 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a slight problem where a ubisoft support agent caused me to delete my save games. Told me to boot through origin instead of steam, and it deleted my save game. 

Now I'd have to play through the entire game again to reach the point where it goes wrong. Will see if I can get my friend in on that. 

Message 5 of 15 (5,654 Views)

Community Manager
@Joppie_0 To confirm were you working with Ubisoft support for ITT or another issue?

Also, let us know if it continues once your able to reach that point again.

Illium.png

Message 6 of 15 (5,619 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, 

I am back with bad news, I tried the clean boot and it did not help at all.
The issue continues. 

and yes I was talking with ubisoft support for ITT

Message 7 of 15 (5,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi Baka, were you able to resolve this at all? I am attempting to fix this issue on the first boss cutscene. It happened in the same spot both times. =(
Message 8 of 15 (5,494 Views)

★★ Novice

On my end it appears to be the graphics card. So.. Yeah, fun. 

Message 9 of 15 (5,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you happen to work this problem out so you could continue with the game? 

I'm having this issue with the same graphics card - but was your resolution to upgrade your card or give up on playing the game? Frown

Message 10 of 15 (1,488 Views)