Friend not receiving invite, can they invite me?

by HarmonicGod

Original Post

Friend not receiving invite, can they invite me?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I bought It Takes Two on PS5 and my friend has downloaded the friend pass version. However whenever I try to invite her, one of two things happens - either pressing triangle does nothing at all and I can't invite anyone, or I invite her but she doesn't receive the invite.

I've tried it from the PS5 version, running the PS4 version on my PS5 and even tried it from my PS4 Pro - the same thing happens. She's playing on PS4.

I've made sure that the consoles have a wired connection, I've ensured the game is on internal storage (even deleted and reinstalled), I've lowered my privacy settings and tried to invite her on different days/times. Nothing seems to work! I'm definitely logged in on PSN and it connects to my EA account just fine. She has also set up an EA account for it. We have no trouble playing other games online together. 

The odd thing is, she can invite me and we can start the game that way. But we're not sure if doing it that way around will only let us access the first chapter so we've been loathe to try in case that's as far as we can go.

So ultimately I guess my question is, if my friend invites me (who owns the full game) from her friend pass, can we play the whole game together that way?

Really disappointed that this doesn't seem to work straight out of the box (well, the digital box!), we've been excited to play it after seeing everyone raving about it! We just want the thing to actually work 🤦‍♀️

Message 1 of 6 (2,634 Views)

Re: Friend not receiving invite, can they invite me?

Community Manager

@HarmonicGod Can you try going through our Basic and Advanced connection steps and seeing if you can send invites out?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (2,611 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Illium Thanks, I'll try to go through those tomorrow, though I've already done a lot of those things :/

If she invites me (which does seem to work) from Friend Pass, can we play the whole game together because I have the full game? (i.e. does it matter whether it's player one or player two who owns the full game?). That would be a whole lot easier if so 😅
Message 3 of 6 (2,605 Views)

★ Novice

None of that has made a difference. Not sure if it might be an issue at her end with receiving invites. Will we be able to play the full game if if she invites me from the Friend Pass (given that I have the full game myself)?

Message 4 of 6 (2,573 Views)

Community Manager
@HarmonicGod In theory you should be able to play the game since your account owns it, however, I have not had anyone try in reverse.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 6 (2,560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having same problem with pc to pc

Message 6 of 6 (2,283 Views)