Disconnection on Same Part Every Time

by HeyItsCrito

Original Post

Disconnection on Same Part Every Time

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Howdy,

My partner and I are playing through via Steam. I own the game, and he has been using the Game Pass through steam. Working excellently so far (save some desync in cutscenes) but we've hit a hard stop. In the level 

Spoiler
Cuckoo Clock: A Blast from the Past we reach the falling section, wherein right after it starts rewinding

we get disconnected. This happens like clockwork! The section aforementioned in the spoiler occurs and we get "Other Player Disconnected." It happened yesterday and we gave up thinking it was a server thing, but same thing today.

We've restarted things, game cache repair, the standard little things.

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 11 (3,651 Views)

Re: Disconnection on Same Part Every Time

Community Manager
@HeyItsCrito Do you or your friend get kicked from the game when you get the error message? Are you both on the same network?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 11 (3,602 Views)

★★ Novice

We both get the "Other Player Disconnected" screen and end up on the main menu.

We're not on the same network, no, just over Origin/Steam friend pass with a regular friend invite to game.

Message 3 of 11 (3,598 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @HeyItsCrito,

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if what's described in this thread here is also what you are experiencing. Wondering

Could you take a look and, if this applies to you, send on a DXdiag for both your and your friend's PCs, your locations, and what internet connection you're using (WiFi/ethernet)? That would be great!

Thank you,

Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 11 (3,583 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for looking into this for us (And everyone who seems to be having this issue). I've attached my dxdiag and I'll get his when I can.

I'm in the Midwest U.S. and he is in the Netherlands. We both are using ethernet connections and we're both on some pretty robust networks. We tried again just to see if it was a rogue network thing, but yep, same spot still.

Message 5 of 11 (3,576 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's the other

Message 6 of 11 (3,573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi,Have you solved this problem, how ?

Message 7 of 11 (3,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this exact issue. 

In a blast from the past, right when

Spoiler
we get pulled up the shaft by that rewind

I get disconected and my partner and I get thrown to the menu screen. We tried lowering the graphics, restarting the game, and it doesn't fix the problem. Every time in that exact part. I don't see any solution for this issue just to lower the graphics but it didn't work so... Is there anything else I can do to fix it?

Message 8 of 11 (3,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any fix? Have same issue on this , playing fine and always disconnect at this cutscene

Message 9 of 11 (2,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having this exact same issue, did u find a fix for this?

Message 10 of 11 (345 Views)