Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Why so stingy on the "Wheel of Misfortune" shard ticket purchases?

by EternalAmateurs

Original Post

Why so stingy on the "Wheel of Misfortune" shard ticket purchases?

★★★★ Novice

I have bought the "wheel of misfortune" tickets several times to try and obtain needed shards.  Tonight I bought $100 USD worth and received back almost nothing that was of any use.

Sure, I got some cash, which I don't need since I already have something like $150,000,000.  Almost everything else received was useless junk.  The attached photo shows the type of nonsense I mostly received in my 1,200 ticket General Boxes.

Why so tight on the shards?  I really feel like you're taking advantage of your customers.   It's bad enough that you scalp us on the price of this stuff, but then to deliver almost nothing in return seems almost fraudulent.  

What gives?

Message 1 of 4 (350 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@bwilliw : Completely agree with you. They are taking the advantage of this wheel of mis fortune. Whenever you complain anything regarding the Arms Tokens or Arms Dealer. You get the below response. I really got fed up with these money minded management of Chillingo.

Q1. Why am i getting cash on the 120 & 1200 chests ?

EA Response: Its completely random. According to the probability and statistics algorithms that we designed you will be getting the rewards. (Which obviously will give you more cash and useless rewards)

Q2. Why am i getting shards of the tanks which I already owned ??

EA Response: Explains all the same thing that is mentioned in answer1 + You can exchange these tank shards with cash (Wow you become a billionaire by exchanging)

Q3. Why am i getting the technology blue prints, I have already maxed all my tech long back and now I have excess tech, all my teammates also maxed their techs in my legion?

EA Response: Explains all the same thing that is mentioned in answer1 + You can exchange the tech among your legion mates for gems. (EA People in their minds thinking that "If all your teammates Tech is also maxed that is your problem not ours")

Message 2 of 4 (289 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Don’t buy the arms tickets!  If you look at the stats on likely outcomes that Chillingo provides then you need on average to spend £500 to get enough shards for a decent tank.  You might get luck and spend less!

Message 3 of 4 (255 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

You mean you don't like spending 20 tickets to win 3 tickets?? What's wrong with you?

Message 4 of 4 (190 Views)

iron-force-promo

Save your game progress

Link your game to your Game Center account to save your game progress. Bring your progress with you if you switch devices.

How to save your game

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help