Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

When will Iron Force support Game Controllers?

by Tosben

Original Post

When will Iron Force support Game Controllers?

★★★★ Novice

When I started playing Iron Force I became immediately frustrated with having to use the virtual controls on my iPad to move my tank around. I just assumed that this game would have controller support so I rushed out and bought myself a Steelseries Stratus game controller. How disappointed I was when I connected my controller to my iPad only to find out that Iron Force does not support game controllers.

1. Chilingo please give us an update that will allow Iron Force to support game controllers

2. Please take care of the lag problems and constant crashing of iron Force

3. Please allow us to sell our old tanks so that we can earn cash to upgrade to newer tanks quicker.

4. Please put an achievable virtual cash price on every tank so that we all have an opportunity to eventually own a super tank. Not everyone can afford to spend hundreds of pounds of real cash in order to own a Pavo or Monoceros tank. 

5. Please match the battles more evenly so that every commander can enjoy the thrill of destroying an enemy tank instead of being taken out all the time with a single shot from the super tanks.

This is a great game. With a few tweaks here and there it could be the most awesome game.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 13 (1,901 Views)

Re: When will Iron Force support Game Controllers?

★★★★ Novice

More than likely iron force wont support game controllers, and as for a reasonable price on buying new tanks, you can forget about that too! Iron force wants youre hard earned money! They wont make it easy to get good tanks! I have an almost maxed s vulp and paid $100.00 us dollars to get to it. Im not putting anymore money into this game until matches are better, the lag is gone, and the cheaters are gone. That wont ever happen so i guess im going to have to work hard and kill alot of tanks to get the next best tank!

Message 2 of 13 (1,879 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly!!!  What a huge disappointment buying a new controller, to find out that such a necessary game can't work with it!(

I've come addicted with the game but I'm going to throw it away cause I can not play it with my fingers getting num ,hurt and sevierly damaged!   What a shame that such a game that needs a good control doesn't support the exterior controllers!

I agree with all the other issues and it's necessary that Iron Force will respond back and upgrade their game and platform so we can all enjoy without killing ourselves in reality, cause my fingers just don't take it no more!  I gave it 5 stars, I'm going to give it 1 and change my opinion! It really really , really SUCKS! WITHOUT A CONTROLER Frown

Message 3 of 13 (1,473 Views)

Message 4 of 13 (1,467 Views)

★★★ Guide

This was posted nearly a year ago. They still haven't changed their policy.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Iron-Force/FAQ-Does-Iron-Force-support-Bluetooth-controllers/m-p/4727074#U4...

Message 5 of 13 (1,466 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Actually if you use an andride device there is a controler that can be used, look on line there are two ,manufactures  that sell them, but i did not think either worked well enoungh for the $43 bucks, the controller is blue tooth to the device which slows movement. Both are similar to PS comtroler just set in the pad contols to your configuration. But i would pass on them not worth the invetment and i dont use the andriod any more.  No controler for IOS

Message 6 of 13 (1,458 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I emailed Chillingo some time ago and their response was there is no plans to port Iron Force to third party controllers. That was a while back and it appears their stance has not changed. I too have a third party controller which works well with many games on iPad and AppleTv. There is also a free app called Nimbus which lists all games ported to the steel series controllers. 

I'd like to see the servers updated or replaced with speedier processors and the geographical areas broken up because the popularity of this and many online games stresses the network leading to many of the problems we deal with daily. Just look at the newest game Pokemon Go and the network problems that people are encountering and this game is only a week old. 

On a personal note I wish DSL was outlawed and all companies that provide internet connectivity had to provide reliable and fast connections. It's hard to believe USA lags behind much of the world regarding connection speeds and reliability. *One of the reasons we have problems when we battle others in countries outside the USA. Just my .02 😎

Message 7 of 13 (1,447 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I do agree this game should be produced by Electronic Arts should of been available for Xbox and PlayStation what's the hold up it take forever to earn money to buy a good tank and the battles is unevenly matched I never received my lupus tank I complained but nothing was done to satisfy the situation. 

Message 8 of 13 (343 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
The replies to my question are no help at all. Is there no one one at EA that can come up with an intelligent answer to, “When will Iron Force support Bluetooth controllers?”
Message 9 of 13 (317 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hi @TempisFugid,

Unfortunately there are currently no plans to support 3rd party controllers in Iron Force, sorry!

Cheers

Dave

Message 10 of 13 (289 Views)

iron-force-promo

Save your game progress

Link your game to your Game Center account to save your game progress. Bring your progress with you if you switch devices.

How to save your game

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help