Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Island Map - Too cluttered up with too many obstacles !

by GreenLanternglow

Original Post

Highlighted

Island Map - Too cluttered up with too many obstacles !

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi all

What are your views on the replacement Island Map battlefield?

I preferred the Townlette Map myself, as do the rest of my team players.

The new Island Map is so congested with buildings / blocks and other obstacles it's a horrible map to use!

The original old Island Map was of the same size, was very spacious, but was not as cluttered up as this new Island Map is!

This new Island map, is very hard to manoeuvre in. It seems to take all day to get around all the obstacles that have been placed within it?

Its not a nice experience fighting battles in this new Island Map!

They need to remove at least 50% of the obstacles within the ne map, as they will, find in the long term if they don't improve it, no one will use it.

Older players will remember the old Island Map, which was far better to navigate around than this allegedly new improved map.

Please bring back the Townlette Map, and get rid of the Island map, until you make it better to manoeuvre around in.

The environment is slightly too dark and gloomy! It's also quite difficult to see the drops / pickups as well!

Thanks for listening.  👂

Message 1 of 8 (829 Views)

Re: Island Map - Too cluttered up with too many obstacles !

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Greenlatern

You and your team mates have got this spot on!

The new replacement Island Map is a really awful map to battle in.

My team mates and I are so frustrated with this new map, we will never deliberately use it.

Ok in LOL, Death matches and Events the battles are randomly selected by the game, you don't have a choice? But in team battles and FFA you do have a choice of map, so my team won't be playing in the Island map for those battles etc!

The old island map as you indicated was a far better battlefield map than this new Island map. I must admit the old version of the Island map was my favourite map, before they got rid of it.

So EA people, if you are reading these messages, look into this horrible Island map, and bring back the Townlette map, or as Greenlatern has suggested redesign the Island map with less obstacles.

When you do play in the Island map, you want to be able to see your enemies, and not spend all day driving around lots and lots of unnecessary obstacles that simply make the battle unpleasant to play in.

Message 2 of 8 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The New Island Map is rubbish!!

As others have said it is too full of buildings and objects, there is no space to manoeuvre properly.

Half the time you cannot navigate as you can easily do in all the others maps.

This new map is too complicated, and needs some attention to reduce the obstacles.

All the other maps have buildings etc, but at least your tank can get some momentum / speed when moving around!

The island map is so confusing and dark, it's difficult to travel around the map with any ease.

The new map is annoying and my team won't be using it, for team battles etc

Message 3 of 8 (794 Views)

★★ Apprentice
hi,I find its to green and the drops are to hard to see,I stopped playing there.ty
Message 4 of 8 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi all

As I have stated before, the new Island map is a horrible map to battle in, too many buildings / obstacles / corners and bends and dead ends!

I see that the developers have designed the game so that we are now forced into playing in the new Island map!

Every one I have spoken to who plays this game dislikes the Island map!

I don't play the FFA but play a lot of Death matches, and I now find were before, the new Island map was introduced, you were entered into three different maps usually on a rota basis"

Now that the new Island map is here, I find that I am thrown into the Island map every 2 out of 3 Death match games.

It is obvious that game is now designed to make players enter this horrible battle map.

I now find that if I am thrown into the Island map, I either sit it out, or leave the battlefield.

My team mates and I simply just don't like, it is a headache of a map 😳😳😳

Message 5 of 8 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I agree with all of you reference to the island map.  My thoughts as to why it was brought back is simple.  1.  It is a big oversized map for one purpose only, to accommodate the new 4v4 which  needs a lot of battle fighting area for 8 tanks, so we have the desert and harbor and the new island maps.

I did not see 4v4 Played in the city or train wino yard, not enough room for 8 tanks and the city is a bumper pool map at its best.

2. There was so many issues with the factory and it was pull and replace so it's not a consideration to bring it back yet until all the bugs are fixed, it was a huge map and if not for all it problems would have been a better choice than the island for battle field space. 

These re are just my personal thoughts.

Message 6 of 8 (660 Views)

★★★★ Novice
That map is the worse. Bring back the factory map. It's was more wide open. I don't even bother with island map. EVERYTHING LOOKS THE SAME .
Message 7 of 8 (507 Views)

★ Apprentice
I agree with everyone, my teammates and i dont use it. Get rid of it or fix it.
My 2 cents in
Thanks
Message 8 of 8 (497 Views)

iron-force-promo

Save your game progress

Link your game to your Game Center account to save your game progress. Bring your progress with you if you switch devices.

How to save your game

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help