Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Iron Force not working on new 2018 iPad Pro: tank spins in circles

by danthach2018

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hello Dave,

After your last message this past Thursday, there was a three hour update today. Still no changes. My iPad Pro still is unable to play iron force—  The controls lock up and the tank spins in circles. When will the update that you mentioned be released??

Message 21 of 27 (392 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hi @danthach2018,

This issue will require an update to fix, unfortunately we can't hot-fix it via a server maintenance.

Regarding when it will be available, I'm still unsure as we're still in testing, but as soon as i get a date for release, I'll let you know.

Cheers

Dave

Message 22 of 27 (375 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you Dave. Hoping to hear from you soon about when the update will be released.

Message 23 of 27 (360 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dave,

It’s been 3 weeks since you mentioned an update is coming soon—what is happening with the update to fix the issue of IF being unplayable on the new IPad Pro?  It is so hard for me to believe that Chillingo is releasing IF2.0 when they still haven’t fixed even basic issues with IF1.0! 

Can you please give us some clear date as to when this issue will be resolved? 

Thank you,

Dan

Message 24 of 27 (254 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • It is really frustrating that chillingo can’t fix a basic issue. The iPad Pro 2018 has been out for two years now. We should not have to suffer playing a game we invested so much time, effort, and funds. It is ridiculous. My tank gets stuck spinning in circles every single game. It seems like the developers of this game are simply incompetent if they can’t fix a basic issue in their game. There are thousands of iPad Pro users out there.
Message 25 of 27 (174 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ea in redwood are looking to their balance sheets and profitability and will direct their resources to support this. iron force "membership"has dropped from a quarter of a million to 28,000 accounts which is maybe 15,000 actual competitive players so its maybe not top of their list. the fact iron force has survived this long is remarkable.  amazingly after 6 years iron force 2 is worse than the original iron force.  so dont hold your breath! so why not like me just strike out when it spins in circles and accept it. iron force may not last much longer now anyway

Message 26 of 27 (166 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hello Dave,

It has been too long since you promised a reply/ answer regarding iPad Pro issues such as tanks spinning when playing Iron Force. You said that the Adobe flash beta update was released and that engineers were working on it. You said that the true Adobe update would be released soon and that a fix would be coming soon, but that was over two months ago. I would really like to know what’s going on. Apple is about to release the next version of the iPad Pro which means I have waited almost one year with this issue still remaining unresolved. It really is a terrible shame and it shouldn’t have to be like that. WHEN will it be resolved? 

Waiting to hear your candid reply.

Thank you

Message 27 of 27 (156 Views)

iron-force-promo

Save your game progress

Link your game to your Game Center account to save your game progress. Bring your progress with you if you switch devices.

How to save your game

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help