Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Iron Force not working on new 2018 iPad Pro: tank spins in circles

by EternalAmateurs

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hi Dave,

I thought you had forgotten about all of us! Soon my new IPad Pro won’t be”new” anymore. It’s a shame adobe has taken so long to release the update to fix our tanks from locking up in uncontrollable spinning circles. Good to know that they have at least released a beta version. Please do let us know when you hear of when the real update will come out and when Iron force will be updated to accommodate all new IPad Pro users.

Thank you again.

Message 11 of 27 (586 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dave,

What is happening? It has been 7 months since I opened this case about the game being unplayable on 2018 IPad Pros. My tanks controls lock up and the tank just spins in circles. The graphics are also unstable in game mode—very choppy. You said there was a beta release of adobe air. When is the true update coming? How much longer will we have to wait?? 

Message 12 of 27 (444 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dave,

It has been almost 7 months since I first reported this issue of IF not being playable on the new IPad Pro devices. What is happening with the adobe air update? I can’t understand why this is taking so long to fix. Please let us know!

Message 13 of 27 (409 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hi @danthach2018,

We've got an update of Adobe AIR in this week and unfortunately it does not look like they have fixed this problem yet, however i will not know for sure until our QA team have completed tests on the final release build, as soon as we have these i will let you know the good, or bad, news.

Cheers

Dave

Message 14 of 27 (393 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Spoiler

Thank you Dave, 

In the event that it doesn’t fix the iPad Pro issue of tanks locking up and spinning out of control, I would like you to ask the developers to ask adobe WHEN this issue will be resolved. I still cannot believe how long this is taking...

I am eagerly looking forward to hearing some clear cut news to resolve this issue.

Thank you, 

Dan

Message 15 of 27 (389 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I believe it is caused by EA who couldn't code their way out of a paper bag. Controls freeze up constantly. Multiple tanks every game just sit there (good for me IF the controls worked, which they don't). EA is inept and has ruined every game it's gotten it's hands on. Way to go Eternal Amateurs!

Message 16 of 27 (364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EAs timeline is always, "whenever we feel like it". Don't hold your breath. They don't need you and don't care about you.

Message 17 of 27 (364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seriously dude? You aren't used to this game sucking? As it has for YEARS???

Message 18 of 27 (363 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hi @danthach2018,

Looks like the latest update will include support for the latest iPad PRO, although we're going to have to wait a few more days after the Android update before it becomes available.

Cheers

Dave 

Message 19 of 27 (321 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After the maintenance (update for new T6 tank) today, nothing has changed yet--my controls still lock up tank still spins in circles.

OK so if I understand correctly, you are telling me there will be another update coming soon in a few days from now?  That will be fantastic news if it actually does fix the iPad Pro issue!  Keep us updated Dave! Thank you. 

Message 20 of 27 (313 Views)

iron-force-promo

Save your game progress

Link your game to your Game Center account to save your game progress. Bring your progress with you if you switch devices.

How to save your game

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help