Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Iron Force not working on new 2018 iPad Pro: tank spins in circles

by EA_DaveRF10

Original Post

Iron Force not working on new 2018 iPad Pro: tank spins in circles

★★★★ Novice

I’m just wondering if anybody else has the same issue. I just bought a brand new 2018 iPad Pro. When I tried to play Iron Force, within the first minute of play, my tank will lock up and begin spinning in circles. All the controls become gray  and I lose all control. I have gone through all of the trouble shooting steps such as doing a  total reset of my device, doing a hard restart, deleting and reinstalling the app, etc. Unfortunately nothing seems to work. I even returned my iPad and had apple sent me another brand new replacement, but the issue persists.  This is very troubling. The game runs on all of my older devices running the same 12.1 iOS. Does anybody have any suggestions? Customer Service has told me it’s not their problem and that it is some sort of bug.  It’s very frustrating. Eager to hear any suggestions or solutions.

Message 1 of 27 (2,386 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Same here, tried everything, every 10th game I get locked up in circles. 

Bug in the app. 

Message 2 of 27 (2,126 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hi Guys,

We're currently working on a fix for this, but unfortunately it will not be ready in time for the 2.9.7 update.

However i believe this is caused by tapping the 'Dead Zone' around the Iron Force window on your device while also holding down the Joystick, if you can avoid touching this dead zone while in battle you should be able to avoid getting locked in a spin.

Cheers

Dave

Message 3 of 27 (2,085 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Dave,

Ever since I bought my brand new 2018 iPad Pro, I have been experiencing my tank spinning in circles. Just last week I finally met a really nice Chillingo customer service person named JP who actually follow through and started to get answers for me. You can  imagine my frustration having  bought a new IPad but not being able to play. I was told that the problem is most likely an Iron Force bug.  The problem lies within the new iPad’s very thin bezel.  With the current iron force coding, it is impossible to play the game because the user’s hands will inevitably touch the thin bezel or part of the screen which freezes the game.  Dave, unfortunately I completely disagree with you.  There is absolutely no way to play the game without it freezing. I’m also disappointed to hear that this issue will not be solved in the next update.  

It  has already been three months since I first notified the developers about this issue. How many more months will I have to wait? I was told that this may be solved by an adobe air update.  When will that be? Dave anything you can do to expedite the  resolution of this issue would be greatly appreciated. I’m hoping to hear good news ....

Thank you,

Dan 

Message 4 of 27 (2,070 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hi @danthach2018,

Its true that we are waiting on an update to Adobe AIR, which is the game engine Iron Force is built on, to get this fix in. We're currently pushing Adobe to get this update to us as quicly as possible, Ill update you guys here when i hear more.

Cheers

Dave

Message 5 of 27 (2,060 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you Dave. I truly appreciate anything you can do to help.
Message 6 of 27 (2,052 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is there an updated timeline on a fix for this issue? 

Message 7 of 27 (1,909 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am still having the same issues of not being able to use my new 2018 iPad that I had bought in December. It’s already March and I’m still waiting. The game is absolutely not playable because of the thin bezel.  Dave when is the Adobe air update expected? When will the Chillingo development team release the fix or update to the game to resolve this issue?

Message 8 of 27 (1,894 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yes the ipadpro is prone to this, i doubt they can fix it. the other thing with the ipad pro , the big one is that your thumbs have too far to move but they dont compensate for this. the reg ipad is optimum size for the game

Message 9 of 27 (1,732 Views)
Highlighted

EA Community Manager

Hi Guys,

Just a small update: Adobe AIR have released a beta version of the update that should fix this, although there isn't a version we can use in an update for Iron Force yet.

Sorry i dont have any more / better news for you at the moment, as soon as i do, i will let you know.

Cheers

Dave

Message 10 of 27 (1,696 Views)

iron-force-promo

Save your game progress

Link your game to your Game Center account to save your game progress. Bring your progress with you if you switch devices.

How to save your game

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help