Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Iron Force 2 Beta ??? What does this mean for Iron Force 1?

by jonnyhagg

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/iron-force/iron-force-2/get-started-in-iron-force-2/

I notice there is an Iron Force 2 coming to Andriod on the 18th October

Is iron force 2 going to be a replacement to the current version, or an upgrade of the current version or run in alongside the current version?

If its a new game in its own right, will progress from the current version be credited to version 2? 

Is EA able to support 2 version of this games?

Will EA continue to develop Iron force 1?  Or will Iron Force 1 be unsupported, eventually fading into irrelevance?

Thanks 

Hagg

Message 1 of 25 (4,123 Views)

Re: Iron Force 2 Beta ??? What does this mean for Iron Force 1?

★★★★★ Novice

If it means starting again, I’m afraid that’s the end for me. I don’t need the hassle

Chillingo should make it an ‘upgrade’ with the current version

Message 2 of 25 (4,073 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hi Guys,

Iron Force 2 will not be available on the 18th of october, instead it was available in a limited beta test from 18th September until the 8th of October. This is now over and the team are going to evaluate all the feedback we have collected before we decide on our next steps.

Iron Force 1 and Iron Force 2 are two separate games, unfortunately it is not possible to transfer progress over to the second game in the series. However there are currently no plans to shut down Iron Force 1, both games are created by separate development teams, in both games offer different experiences and the existing team will still be working to maintain the original Iron Force for as long as it is viable to do so.

Any other questions you have on this i will do my best to answer them.

Cheers

Dave

Message 3 of 25 (4,064 Views)

★★★ Guide

From what I gather from the format this looked like Empior Wars streamlined and don’t have to wait 8 hours between matches.

Message 4 of 25 (4,039 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dave,

Thanks for your prompt and honest response. I guess nothing last forever.

Whilst you are careful not to say Iron Force 1 is coming to an end, it's hard to imagen there will be any new take-up of Iron Force 1 when it competes with Iron force 2.
Without new blood coming into the game, the Iron force 1 community will dwindle.
Some will migreate directly to IF2
Some will duilte their there time by playing both.
Some will give up completely.
Some will stick it out to the bitter end.
But the IF1 playing population will become smaller.
I guess that is when the original Iron Force becomes no longer viable.

Sadly the writing is on the wall. I do hope i am wrong.

If I'm honest I feel a little duped, I thought the advent of the new tanks, and EW was EA's way of getting behind the game and breathing life into it. But the cynic in me thinks EA has milked this cash cow one last time.

I do hope you will be able to support both versions of Iron Force and don't get turned off when Iron Force 1 becomes no longer viable. 

All the best Hagg.

Message 5 of 25 (4,037 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The magic words were there........’as long as it is viable to do so’

surely it won’t be long before one or the other is shut down. Can’t have two Iron Forces running side by side

Message 6 of 25 (4,032 Views)

★★★★ Novice

All I can say is that if we all have to start over, then no one will be playing the new iron force. If you consider all the time and money that was put into this game, no one would want to repeat this experience. If Iron Force ends, then that will be the end of the game, therefore no more money for the developers. THIS IS JUST A GAME!!!! A REALLY ADDICTING ONE, BUT ONLY BECAUSE WE PUT IN THE EFFORT SO FAR. IF START OVER, FORGET IT. MOST OF US ARE PROBABLY THINKING THIS WAY.

Message 7 of 25 (3,785 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hi Guys,

@egarding the game mode, that pretty much is the new Game mode in Iron Force 2, its been called Supply Control.

Regarding no longer supporting Iron Force 1, there are no plans to shut it down and i do think the two game are different enough to continue running consecutively, especially as they are being worked on by two seperate teams.

The next update for Iron Force 1 will be coming in the next few weeks & i should have some information soon to share with you on that.

Cheers

Dave

Message 8 of 25 (3,754 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

why introduce iron force 2 when iron force 1 is not stable?

it would be better to concentrate the energy for a game instead of having two games that both are not working properly!

but what do we already know ... you do what you want anyway and wonder then if loyal players turn away from you!

so now you can ban me again because I have said my opinion which does not suit you, Bye Bye god old ironforce!

Message 9 of 25 (3,459 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just think, when Iron Force 1 is down for those 5-12 hr maintenance you’ll be able to play Iron Force 2 to kill time waiting and waiting.

Message 10 of 25 (3,186 Views)

iron-force-promo

Save your game progress

Link your game to your Game Center account to save your game progress. Bring your progress with you if you switch devices.

How to save your game

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help