Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: The vulnerability after shield loss is such an unfair mechanic!

by Sleepwalker_VIE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The vulnerability after shield loss is such an unfair mechanic!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I was wondering why I'm always low on health after a second when my shield is down. Today I read in a guide that interceptors have a vulnerability after the shield goes down.

This results in having to stand in a corner every other 10 to 20 seconds or simply die from what usually would be considered minor damage (like dots).

Who the heck invented a vulnerability after shield loss for a melee class? It is completely UNFAIR!!!!

No matter what I do starting with gm1 I`m mostly standing in corners or dying as soon as my shield goes down because of that USELESS mechanic that makes Interceptors not just vulnerable after shield loss but no fun to play anymore...

Message 1 of 7 (410 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

if your running melee interceptor you should be chasing the fallowing stats, Max Armor% min 50% - 85% for GM 1 and 85%+ GM2, then the only stats that matters are Jav Dmg %, Physical Jav Dmg%, Melee Dmg% and Ultimate DMG%, 

component wise I would recommend

Way of the Bold, gives 20% armor every time you kill an enemy with melee

Vengeance Matrix, 50% more damage, and on low Health an extra 25%, that's when you should pop your ultimate

Conductive Lattice, lower's cooldown and increase melee damage

Way of Resolve, Increase melee damage slightly and by 40% for 10 sec when you dodge

then there's 2x slot left of your choice, what I personally use

Symbiotic Surge, Increases my Armor further more, plus everytime you pick up an armor pack it increases your damage by 50% for 10 sec

Emergency Power, Buff your ultimate and can use it more frequently

Assault, doesn't matter I like the Dashing one charge to enemies faster

Strike, Viper's Bite, 700% ultimate charge per enemies hit, you get your ultimate super fast

Gameplay, Beacon, Viper's Bite on Cooldown, dodge melee dodge melee

for bosses or harder enemies use ultimate, dodge melee dodge melee

you'll spend more time using your ultimate and will never take much damage

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (383 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Where did you read this?

I can't find a reference.

Message 2 of 7 (394 Views)

★★★★ Novice

if your running melee interceptor you should be chasing the fallowing stats, Max Armor% min 50% - 85% for GM 1 and 85%+ GM2, then the only stats that matters are Jav Dmg %, Physical Jav Dmg%, Melee Dmg% and Ultimate DMG%, 

component wise I would recommend

Way of the Bold, gives 20% armor every time you kill an enemy with melee

Vengeance Matrix, 50% more damage, and on low Health an extra 25%, that's when you should pop your ultimate

Conductive Lattice, lower's cooldown and increase melee damage

Way of Resolve, Increase melee damage slightly and by 40% for 10 sec when you dodge

then there's 2x slot left of your choice, what I personally use

Symbiotic Surge, Increases my Armor further more, plus everytime you pick up an armor pack it increases your damage by 50% for 10 sec

Emergency Power, Buff your ultimate and can use it more frequently

Assault, doesn't matter I like the Dashing one charge to enemies faster

Strike, Viper's Bite, 700% ultimate charge per enemies hit, you get your ultimate super fast

Gameplay, Beacon, Viper's Bite on Cooldown, dodge melee dodge melee

for bosses or harder enemies use ultimate, dodge melee dodge melee

you'll spend more time using your ultimate and will never take much damage

Message 3 of 7 (384 Views)

★★★★ Novice
you don't need any shield
Message 4 of 7 (382 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@WitchesNRayGuns on some guide who's link I did not save. But you can actually see it because your live/armor is blinking when the shield goes down.

Message 5 of 7 (367 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Sleepwalker_VIE wrote:

@WitchesNRayGuns on some guide who's link I did not save. But you can actually see it because your live/armor is blinking when the shield goes down.

I haven't noticed any specific vulnerability when that happens. You are 'vulnerable' because you no longer have a shield. That doesn't mean there's some specific vulnerability to Interceptors when their shield drops. No source I've been able to find says there is.

You may be seeing the effect of a known bug affecting all javelins which causes their health to be basically random.

Message 6 of 7 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Adrenaliz3thank you, I just read your other post and wonder why it didnt come to me to dump the shield buffs all together in favour of armor. I just thought if I stack shield strenght I never get into this situation. The only armor approach is a much more logical one Standard smile

I already used some of the gear you mentioned before I read your post and some I dont have yet.

The emergency beacon gave me a nice boost using the shield though, when I managed to activate ultimate in time but the armor approach is most certainly the saver bet even though I got ultimate on a mouse button.

Atm I´m getting so fed up with server connection problems that I often dont play for days to remain calm :D

edt.: ofc you dont see that vulnerability stacking armor Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (348 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help