Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Please award gear based on the javelin I'm playing

by Hillslam

Original Post

Please award gear based on the javelin I'm playing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

TLDR:  Can you tune the loot algorithm to highly favor the javelin you're actually piloting? 

-----------

Colossus main here. I moonlight occasionally as Ranger.

Never played a mission in Storm though I painted one up. Never even did that for Interceptor.  
They are just not my play style. Yes I may come to them in the far future when I grow very bored of my current javelins, but I thoroughly enjoy my Colossus and Ranger.

Having said all that, I have accrued more components for my Interceptor by far than all other javelins combined, including my main Colossus in which I have over 100 hours: my interceptor has a complete set of MW components now with a couple dupes and my Colossus main has 4. My Ranger has 1 and my Storm 1 (the same universal which is also in the 'cepter).

Mind you, I've not so much as blopped a spray of paint on the interceptor, and yet the Titans, Furies, Ursixes, Luminaries and Strongholds are throwing interceptor gear at me like there was a clearance sale.

While its great that you mix it up, can you tune the loot algorithm to highly favor the javelin you're actually piloting? 

Thanks! Love the game.

-----------

EDIT - nope RNG isn't really R as there's no such thing in programming as a true rng, and complex systems like Anthem's never truly use just a bog RNGenerator anyway  - love the game btw!

Message 1 of 4 (182 Views)

Re: Please award gear based on the javelin I'm playing

★★ Apprentice

They already have (tuned the algorithm).

I posted a bug report with my numbers on this and, to be honest, the chances of getting gear for other javelins is pretty small. It's about 0.7% from my (admittedly not exhaustive) testing. I suspect that's higher than they think it is, so I posted a bug report with my numbers.

In my opinion, it's not so much that the exact figures may or may not be right. What burns is when you get one of the infrequent legendaries and it's not for the javelin you're playing. That, I think, should never happen. That is horribly disappointing. (If they make legendary drops far more frequent, I would change my opinion, but currently it's a huge slap in the face.)

Out of interest, if you main a colossus, why did you post this in the interceptor forum?

Message 2 of 4 (167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Did they do this tuning after this weekend? Because of the ~10-12 MW components I earned they all came this week. And two duplicate interceptor components dropped on my Colossus over the weekend. I'm at 60-70% components dropping for a javelin I've never touched this week.

Hope they do further tuning.

--------------

I didn't post this in the interceptor forum. Don't know how it ended up here. I used the "ask a question/compose topic" box at the top on the javelin landing page. it must have parsed it and deposited it here? Now I don't want to double post.  *shrug* sux as I bet it'll not get noticed. oh well. meantime I got a kitted up interceptor gathering dust and golden components galore...

Message 3 of 4 (162 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nope.

The post I saw was a while back, a reply from someone on the dev team regarding the chance that you would receive items for a different javelin. The implication was that there was a chance that could happen, but that it was very small. I believe that 0.7% is very small, but maybe larger than it should be.

Now, it just so happens that my 0.7% figure covers both a couple of days before the patch, and a couple of days after. And I posted my bug report because on Sunday I got a bunch of items for non-Interceptor javelins, including a legendary colossus drop (which made me sad).

It could be that the patch has made matters worse in this respect. I just don't really have the numbers to give an opinion either way.

Message 4 of 4 (156 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help