Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Interceptor: most selfish javelin. Needs fix.

by DERPERPADERP

Original Post

Re: Interceptor: most selfish javelin. Needs fix.

★★★★ Novice

@AOD_NoDe31 wrote:
As far I see it you are only one who actually dropping insults... I'm on the other side just smart enough to ignore those insults and not giving back any... But hey, you are at least funny... LoL

snide..

then you act like a smart a$$ by dropping an LOL...

I guess you don't read what you write.

do you even read bro?

whatever you do... don't read books..

cuz you suck at it...

yeah that's my first insult.

Message 11 of 26 (225 Views)

★★ Apprentice
You was funny, but now it time to end this little chat because I need to get back to work... BTW, if you want know how to play this game, try to hit enemy, not your fellow teammates, you will be far more useful... Have nice day, and chill up... Wink
Message 12 of 26 (220 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@AOD_NoDe31 wrote:
You was funny, but now it time to end this little chat because I need to get back to work... BTW, if you want know how to play this game, try to hit enemy, not your fellow teammates, you will be far more useful... Have nice day, and chill up... Wink

man youre such a cool guy... you say such smart a$$ comments... you obviously know the whole world because you got a kid... you got a job?! man youre the coolest guy on the internet... im sorry I don't have to work with random teammates that jump infront of my shots... but gee maybe I should get good and just not shoot at anything... like srsly… you must be the coolest guy on the planet cuz you use emojis to hide your demeanor... youre obviously still very young which is why im going very easy on you...

hey... I wish you luck with the game and your clan...

you know im friends with  AoD_munkee right?

youre not looking your best right now...

for your clan..

for the gaming community..

as for yourself...

youll learn as you grow older just how embarrassing you made yourself look..

XD

hey look! I can win an argument with a stupid emoji too!

just like you!

just like how all my responses was just me imitating yourself.

its really entertaining to see how you react to all this...

such a cool guy..

I bet you love your life

as much as you love your interceptor.

Wink

look I did it again.. another emoji

I win!

just like you!

Message 13 of 26 (213 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

AOD_NoDe31 I'm ending this conversation right now. Come talk to me later.

Message 14 of 26 (198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The roll of each javelin in a group varies based on what javelins are in the group. There is no fixed one way to play any certain javelin (even in GM3). 

GM3 group play, often times, requires the individuals within  the group to work together to maximize damage output.  That being said, the interceptor is now the best javelin for detonating combos, because it's melees can detonate primers in rapid succession. To maximize group dps, other javelins should be attempting to prime the target as often as possible. Gear/skills can accommodate this, but often times do not prime as fast as the interceptor can detonate; However, there are weapons that prime the target very quickly (ralner's blaze is one). 

I understand that this playstyle is not what some people think is best and often times feel like the interceptor is keeping them from playing their javelin to the fullest. Just keep in mind that this is only true if the way you have your javelin setup does not synergize well with the interceptor. Again there are multiple ways a person can setup their javelin! 

Keep in mind the description of gm3 as stated by the developer in the game. Gm3 is for groups that synergize and efficiently use combos. The most efficient combo use is priming and detonating as fast as possible. I am certainly open to other options for detonating quickly, but I have not come across anything that remotely comes close to what the interceptor can do when the group synergize effectively.

As far as the interceptor blocking other javelin attacks, a player who plays the interceptor well should be positioning themselves to minimize this. The other javelins can also reposition themselves as well. So I think it is unfair to call the interceptor selfish. The selfish act isn't the interceptor, but the person playing it. This holds true no matter what javelin a person plays.

Message 15 of 26 (173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@FOHDReXis wrote:

The roll of each javelin in a group varies based on what javelins are in the group. There is no fixed one way to play any certain javelin (even in GM3). 

GM3 group play, often times, requires the individuals within  the group to work together to maximize damage output.  That being said, the interceptor is now the best javelin for detonating combos, because it's melees can detonate primers in rapid succession. To maximize group dps, other javelins should be attempting to prime the target as often as possible. Gear/skills can accommodate this, but often times do not prime as fast as the interceptor can detonate; However, there are weapons that prime the target very quickly (ralner's blaze is one). 

I understand that this playstyle is not what some people think is best and often times feel like the interceptor is keeping them from playing their javelin to the fullest. Just keep in mind that this is only true if the way you have your javelin setup does not synergize well with the interceptor. Again there are multiple ways a person can setup their javelin! 

Keep in mind the description of gm3 as stated by the developer in the game. Gm3 is for groups that synergize and efficiently use combos. The most efficient combo use is priming and detonating as fast as possible. I am certainly open to other options for detonating quickly, but I have not come across anything that remotely comes close to what the interceptor can do when the group synergize effectively.

As far as the interceptor blocking other javelin attacks, a player who plays the interceptor well should be positioning themselves to minimize this. The other javelins can also reposition themselves as well. So I think it is unfair to call the interceptor selfish. The selfish act isn't the interceptor, but the person playing it. This holds true no matter what javelin a person plays.

The thing is, some people do not understand that Anthem is not competitive MMO... There is no competition, personal reward for killing, for connecting combos, bla, bla,bla.... You are put in there with 4 people, you kill stuff, and maybe get loot worthy of keeping... Anthem is last game where one would expect people crying about "class" where there is no class... You have 4 Javelins ( with their pros and con  ), all of them you can play at the end, and you dont have any restrictions... 

Message 16 of 26 (162 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@AOD_NoDe31 wrote:

The thing is, some people do not understand that Anthem is not competitive MMO... There is no competition, personal reward for killing, for connecting combos, bla, bla,bla.... You are put in there with 4 people, you kill stuff, and maybe get loot worthy of keeping... Anthem is last game where one would expect people crying about "class" where there is no class... You have 4 Javelins ( with their pros and con  ), all of them you can play at the end, and you dont have any restrictions... 

hey node31... i thought your clan officer had a good talk with you.

yet you stil insist this is a thread where im "crying" and that im treating this like a competitve MMO.

when i play gm3 i have friends i run with and we play organized..

i have all 4 javelins above the 700 gear score..

you still need to learn to read correctly..

instead of impulsely writting down what you think a thread is about and how it sounds in your young brain.

im gonna end this right now because each lancer is a different play style and each lancer has a primary role focused for the group

1. Colossi - tank, aoe priming... needs combos to self sustain itself, takes care of adds/bosses... focus is to grab aggro

2. Storm - spell caster, far ranged artillery support... does not need to combo as much, brings a lot of crowd control... focus is to prime as many targets as possible 

3. Ranger - all around jack of all trades... needs combos to sustain the group, brings a lot of dmg and heals to the table... focus is to combo chain to heal grp and self

4. Interceptor - assassin, off tank ... doesnt need combos, needs kills to survive... focus is taking care of adds and using ult on bosses/legendary mobs

you obviously only have 1 javelin geared up for gm3 since you havent figured this out yet... that or your other javelins have a non optimal build...

lemme tell you how a good Interceptor works... a good interceptor runs into a mob and spams Dash while holding down the melee button and spamming 'Q' and 'E' abilities... its a very newbie class to play with... a total no brain skilled javelin... you dash and spam and swap targets making sure you prime and combo whatever target your interceptor has swapped to in a very target rich environment... meaning your interceptor is going wind up body blocking other peoples combos and shots naturally due to the interceptor play style...

whats funny is you still act like you know this game when you clearly dont..

you still assume im treating this game like some MMO... you dont learn or you dont quit being such a teenage kid on the internet. 

i suggest you stay off the forums and find something else to do when youre bored at work...

im going to take this to your officer again

Message 17 of 26 (152 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think his response this time was directed at you, more of how he sees it.

I know you two have different opinions so can we stop it here and agree to disagree then go separate ways?

Message 18 of 26 (135 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The problem is interceptor combo damage is very weak. I've seen a lot of interceptors waste detonates and keep wailing on the mob, when I could've one shotted the mob.

You're basically telling people to use weak guns that don't scale well. Party dps is basically going to go down as a result. And priming isn't as simple as just spamming fire on the enemy. You have to cycle different ones.
Message 19 of 26 (120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I don't quite understand how a GOOD interceptor is essentially a NEWB build that actually hinders other players. The statement made along those lines contradicts itself. I will say that view point is yours, but it is definitely not the only way an interceptor can be played. There are techniques that an interceptor can perfect that actually bring a lot of single target damage.

As of patch 1.04, the interceptor can rapidly detonate combos. If an AoE primer is cast on multiple enemies, and not detonated right away, the interceptor can use venom grenade (AoE acid primer) then commence detonating massive amounts of combos that do not consume the initial AoE primer. This can be performed on single target mobs with a result of never ending combos without having to reprime the target except by tossing another venom grenade every time it becomes available. I have successfully achieved 27 consecutive combos vs the monitor before the sequence was interrupted by someone else detonating the original primer. It could continue on, theoretically, until the mob is dead. Of course being able to rapidly detonate combos results in the interceptor getting their ultimate back very quickly, leading to even higher damage output while also being immune to damage.

Message 20 of 26 (83 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help