Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Interceptor Javelin Female Only?

by manifest9

Original Post

Re: Interceptor Javelin Female Only?

★ Apprentice

It is clear people are having perverse thoughts when staring at the butt and justifying their shameful feelings to themselves by projecting a delusional female image to the unisex javelin model.

Message 31 of 51 (212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@pzilocke wrote:

Honestly, i'd rather have them fix the gd bugs instead of focusing on a cosmetic issue that people have...

Angry

So true...so very true.

Message 32 of 51 (204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@pzilocke wrote:

@ComeWithMeKitty 

not broad and wide like a male ???

Sorry but thats a really shallow stereotypical narrowminded opinion...

So shadow warriors of ancient japan was all females as well since none of them have wide shoulders or looks like arnold ?

bruce lee was not a man ?? dressed he does not have wide shoulders, you cant really tell how buffed he was before he removes his clothes.

Ip man was a skinny * but he kicked some serious behind... no wide shoulders there...

its not the body type that makes it a man, its the gender.

The interceptor suit is made to look like an agile shadow warrior.

try getting any arnold sized man at his peak to wipe his own bum, i'll let you in on a secret, they need help for that when they get that big, now how manly is that not being able to wipe your own butt ? guess with your view they must be babies then since any "real man" can of course do this on his own right?

The blue & yellow (GO BLUE!) Javelin is piloted by a female Lancer.  The shoulder and chest sizes between the Interceptor and the Storm are not the same.  Wut??? Is that a belly button depression on the two Interceptors?

Update:  Now I'm hurt.  Why are my Lady Storm's biceps so masculine?

Message 33 of 51 (203 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Personally I think there should be male and female variants. But if you're telling yourself you can't call the Interceptor out as a "female" Javelin, you need to stop taking whatever drugs you're on. The arms are way thinner, the legs longer, the butt rounder and it looks feminine. 

I realize this is not a game breaker, in fact I don't really care- BUT that being said if women play Anthem as female characters, the Javelins should follow form. If you gauge only the "soft" sections of each Javelin, the arms and legs of the Colossus need to be huge just to fill the suit under the armor. The ranger? Definitely also a little larger than an average man, but can certainly be a tough workout-fiend taller than average woman. Storm? Looks like typical male form. 

There's nothing wrong with 2 variants of each Javelin- it would be a great detail. Just don't sit there watching it quack like a duck, walk like a duck, and swim like a duck and call it a zebra.

Unless you're the type of person who would be standing in an open area in the US, hear hoofbeats, and think Zebra instead of horse- you can up the dose on your Lithium.

Message 34 of 51 (181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

But it's a suit....hell pepper Potts fit in iron mans suit but it was made for a man lol. 

Of course SHE fits in HIS suit- he's bigger than her so there would be room for her in it, right?

Message 35 of 51 (181 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Oddly enough once I started upgrading my Javelin parts this didn't bother me as much. Yes, I play a male pilot and my butt is well defined and highlighted. It really makes me laugh to hear and see comments on the curves. Go ahead and look at that butt girl, I work out! hahaha. this is not a critical defect to the game at all.

Message 36 of 51 (176 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Some very good material, suggestions and ideas here Devs.  Frankly, it would be a crime if you didn't take this material and run it with it.  If you put these ideas in the vanity store, history (exp. Black Desert Online) shows that it will sell.  Don't go all fancy pants and such like (imma show u below) BDO, as we don't want or need a masquerade party here, but along the lines as the store merchant guy pitches. 

Create the gender-specific Javelin models for each one.  The female Colossus shouldn't have to resemble "The Hulk" to sell the goods as the brute force.  Remember the scene in The Expendables and how they pulled off the woman bouncer in the red dress (played by actress/professional Ronda Rousey)?  That's the idea.  Out with the sheer brute'n brawn and in with a slender but athletic build (look the role to carry and handle the massive gear) female Colossus that carries her shield on her back and her main weapon at her side.  When she pulls out the gear, you know it, as the ground shakes when she clashes shield and weapon (on wait...this could be an AOE dispersion weapon ability or CC).

Heck, in Tera I ran an Elin tank with that huge lance and a shield.  Her brute'n brawn was in her gear alone.  You get the idea I'm sure.  Make all the special female and male skins for the vanity store.  You want it free, you get the plain Jane.  Want more...here's the store!  “Come in, -- come in! and know me better, man [woman]!"

Message 37 of 51 (172 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Atroxcasus  schrieb:

But it's a suit....hell pepper Potts fit in iron mans suit but it was made for a man lol. 

Of course SHE fits in HIS suit- he's bigger than her so there would be room for her in it, right?

But she's got b o o b s ... so when do we get the Colossus with space for b o o b i e s? xD

Message 38 of 51 (152 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:
People a suit of armor has no gender get over your self

Sooo every department store everywhere has been wrong since the dawn of time because they have Men/Boys/Women/Juniors/ and girls sections? People are getting way too in the weeds over this. The Interceptor definitely models the female form. No man who can easily use a Ranger or Colossus could fit into that suit. Christ, it looks like a freaking Barbie doll. 

Argue all you want about whatever you choose but denying its clearly female shape is just dumb. If you honestly don't think after you compare all 4 javelins it's female in form,  you either only know women who don't have the build of the Javelin or you're too high to take 3 seconds to look at it and agree it looks distinctly feminine. 

I don't mean this in an insulting fashion. 25% of the javelins available look like a video game/comic book character who is a Javelin wearing woman.The dimensions are totally opposite the other 3 suits. Arms smaller, legs thinner, tiny waist, * like a peach, and an armored chest piece that appears to have a little more space up top. 

It doesn't matter why, and of course there are men who would fill that suit as well as any woman it belongs to; some women are stronger than men it's undeniable. Noting that it appears to be a female form sparked conversation about having male and female variants. The female dimensions on a Colossus, Storm, or Ranger would make each suit look way different than they do. And it's not some kind of slap in the face to women with "regular bodies" or anything like that. It's a video game about elite fighters who are all vying to become legends; it aint Real Housewives of Bastion.

Message 39 of 51 (150 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Escalated

How did this manage to be the most active topic in the Javelin forum...?

Message 40 of 51 (149 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help