Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

I don't understand this class...

by baconjockey

Original Post

I don't understand this class...

★★★★ Novice

I have a gear score 420 and I dying on hard difficulty too... The game says Grandmaster I is for gear score 350 and above but on the hard difficulty I have 2 shots and I'm dead. I really want to enjoy the meele aspects for the Interceptor but I can't. The Interceptor is deffinitely underpowered at high levels. What do you think?

Message 1 of 14 (1,819 Views)

Re: I don't understand this class...

★★★★ Novice

300 not 350 sorry...

Message 2 of 14 (1,817 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you want to mellee and stand your ground you have to play the Colossus.

The Interceptor is more like -> Aoe debuff / single debuff. And Rush to a priority target and burst it down and get out in no time.

and so on.

If you just want to mellee one buy one youll die very fast.

-> use you tripple dash.

Like Jump -> Dash -> Gasbomb-Dash dash -> kicke- combo-> mellee or good close weapon -> Dash out....

Next target.

I have a blast with the interceptor.<3

Sorry for my broken english.

Message 3 of 14 (1,797 Views)

★★ Apprentice

hang in there im sure it will be tuned on the 22nd and again the week after, till then stay out of melee range and focus ranged

Message 4 of 14 (1,787 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know what you mean and I'm doing it so. The Problem is, after 1 hit I'm down. I think the endgame content or after the hard difficulty the game was not designed / tested well for this class. I think I will try an other Javelin because endgame (Grandmaster difficulty) is no fun only frustrating...

Message 5 of 14 (1,773 Views)

★★★★ Novice

actualyp  i play GM1. Not to much yet. because my friend is not lvl 30 yet. But the Few Missions i done were fine.

I guess Fortress will be Taugher. But since im just i-lvl 400 i have enough space to get stronger.  The acutal Inscriptions are a mess too.

So it can only get better and it already doesnt feel that bad right now.

+ Some minor buffs for the Interceptor are announced. 

But these are only better Air melee Skills.

Acidspray direction and Aura-combo buff + indicator,

Not the defence.

We'll see.

Message 6 of 14 (1,758 Views)

★★★ Guide
Best way I describe the interceptor is an assassin. You get in you attack then you get out and flank to do it again
Message 7 of 14 (1,705 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I totally agree with op. Even when I am going in quick to get a combo and get out quick, if feels like I am a bullet magnet and even with all the dodging I am still getting hit. When I am it its like one bullet takes away all the shield and half health. LOL. I testing out the Ranger with just about the same inscriptions as my Interceptor ans he is able to take way more bullets than the Interceptor can.

I believe this class is bugged. There is no way they meant for this class to be a melee and only can withstand a bullet or two before being downed for the count. IF this is what they intended, then there needs to be changes in what the primers and detonators and the Interceptor needs some ranged detonators as well and fix the cryo glaive cause that thing does not freeze 5 people. Most max are 2.  Hopefully this recent update has made this class a little better.

Message 8 of 14 (1,672 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@LittleSubmiss wrote:

If you want to mellee and stand your ground you have to play the Colossus.

The Interceptor is more like -> Aoe debuff / single debuff. And Rush to a priority target and burst it down and get out in no time.

and so on.

If you just want to mellee one buy one youll die very fast.

-> use you tripple dash.

Like Jump -> Dash -> Gasbomb-Dash dash -> kicke- combo-> mellee or good close weapon -> Dash out....

Next target.

I have a blast with the interceptor.<3

Sorry for my broken english.

Its not just you, the javelin needs an over haul, Machine pistols need more damage and range etc ...

Message 9 of 14 (1,591 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Take a look at your components. Are you using "Universal" components or "Interceptor" components? You want to prioritize using javelin specific components for sure. They provide you with way more shield/armor than the Universal ones. I farmed hard mode until i was maxed out in level 36 epics. Then once I did that I ran a few GM1 contracts for the purposes of upgrading any of my gear to Master Works. THEN i started queuing for Tyrant Stronghold. Im in GM1 and have only slightly changed my playstyle to the more Hit and Run tactic. I focus on getting rid of elite targets / turrets with my current build. GM1 was hard at first but then i got a couple of nice MW components and weapons and it's shifted the gameplay to my favor. I do have to be a tad more careful.

Message 10 of 14 (1,453 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help