Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: How do y’all feel about melee interceptor in gm2-3

by Tymotzues

Original Post

How do y’all feel about melee interceptor in gm2-3

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

To clarify I’m talking about in gm2 and 3 strongholds, not gm1 and below. 

Personally i I think the melee just feels god awful  once you reach this point. My melee feels incredibly weak like my damage has plateued, super squishy, and I’ve noticed anytime I try to melee and use a ability there is a moment where your character stays still for animation where you get eaten with damage. 

Also certain things just feel terrible to melee, titans, bosses, more titans, ursix that catches you in animation, fury’s, flying targets.  If it’s not a standard enemy it’s just a pain to fight :/  

gear score 494 currently.  Help from people that actually play melee interceptors from this level? 

Message 1 of 15 (2,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I notice the same thing even with the right inscriptions it seems low. The build that seems good right now is the sniper build with melee. What components are you using?

Message 2 of 15 (2,002 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I forgot to add that your melee does fall off it forces you to be more tactical about when to melee. Instead of being a melee god you become a sniper which is sad

Message 3 of 15 (1,998 Views)

★ Apprentice

Anything above GM2+, gear is scaled poorly. Going from Hard Mode to GM1 felt like a good transition. Going from GM1 to GM2, nope. Legendary gear is terrible and doesn't offer the same scaling that Masterwork did from Epics.

Once BW fixes the gear scaling or tune down GM2+, I may then make attempts to go do them.

TLDR: Scaling is bad, BW fix your gearing.

Message 4 of 15 (1,969 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I recently just switched to the dash reload/truth of tarsis build and its incredibly tedious and boring but the damage is insane, id rather be jumping in and out with melee abilities, but its just not feasible.. The only build I can see working somewhat well would be one that focuses priming, rushing in and doing a heavy E melee ability, and then darting out and waiting for your cooldown to reset.. Which is nothing compared to the damage a storm can put out from relative safety.

Message 5 of 15 (1,909 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got to look at all the components  last night and compare them to other components from the other javelins. Interceptor component are weaker when compared to other javelins. Lot of the components are 10% increases boring

Message 6 of 15 (1,881 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you farm some better gear GM2 will become doable.

But that being said. I have stacked as much shield and armor as can be viable but GM3 is god awful for an interceptor.

Stronghold even worse. You are constantly have to be moving every 2-3 seconds and if you dodge into a bullet spray by mistakke you get shreaded like paper. Even my Collosus has problems in GM3.

They just scaled the GM3 by spreadsheet but not looked at actual gameplay. The health and damage are so high that TTK (time to kill is more than 60seconds)

Somtimes your whole team is pounding one mob for 2-3 minuntes before it goes down.

Message 7 of 15 (1,587 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I agree gm3 is long my group spend 2 hours in the boss fight of tyrant mine. The good news is they know that. Ranger and interceptor are lagging behind, are receiving buffs. The components should buff armor or lower damage to interceptor. A reinforce shield when moving or melee target
Message 8 of 15 (1,571 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Yep same problem

In GM2 I'm a one shot for most things - even regular mooks. Those chompy skorpions cut through full shield and armour in one go - and that's with as much armour and shield as my gear components can muster (and acid resistance). How are you meant to be a melee main when the thing you're attacking takes 20seconds to kill, but can kill you in one chomp?

And then there's the issue of melee just feeling like you're using a feather. I pretty much have to rush in, do a combo, then rush away again and keep that up on one opponent for a minute or two...

... meanwhile the storm of the squad or the colossus is having a whale of a time with multi-kills all over the place...

... while I get one shot from a bad guy who spawned in behind me without notice.

And don't get me started on dying while in ultimate initiation animation!!! It may look cool - but if it's going to get me killed I can live without it

Message 9 of 15 (1,538 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah it does suck that interceptor does have a hero pose then activation of ultimate. I think with the 1.04 update it gotten better but the components still need some TLC. They still are not that strong and the inscriptions and procs are stil not we’re they need to be. I think interceptor needs some more love still not as good as other javelins. Too many weaknesses and not enough risk reward. 

Message 10 of 15 (1,428 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help