exchange of collectibles cards for something else

by honzerek

Original Post

exchange of collectibles cards for something else

★★★★★ Novice

. I have a lot of rivals, evo cards that I will not use and I would like to exchange them. Will this year be this option? Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (2,110 Views)

Re: exchange of collectibles cards for something else

Community Manager
@honzerek

At the moment we are not aware of any plans to exchange the post-event collectibles.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,966 Views)

★ Guide

Then why provide a means to make literally dozens of them?  Why not do what you always did and have collectible sets that yield untradeable packs?  Why was that removed? 

Message 3 of 8 (1,924 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Because EA doesn't know what it's doing.

Message 4 of 8 (1,901 Views)

Community Manager

@Z0mbieBabyJesus wrote:

Then why provide a means to make literally dozens of them?  Why not do what you always did and have collectible sets that yield untradeable packs?  Why was that removed? 

I get that having a bunch of leftover collectibles can be disappointing when you fall short of using them for a set, but don't you think there is a higher incentive and reward for completing the sets now? I'm saying this from a player perspective: Completing the event now gives your item more value because there aren't more items generated from the packs you would previous get from the collectibles. 

If the team added it back what improvements would you want to see or do you want it to be just like how it was before? We've been telling the HUT team about how players in these forums feel the set costs are high. They're always open to changes based of community feedback but that doesn't guarantee changes will be made in the near future. There is a lot of math that also goes into the decisions, including data they're getting from players from the game. The impact of the economy, and so forth. These decisions are well thought out and if changes are going to be made, it doesn't mean if it happens immediately it's being ignored, just being reviewed and discussed whether it could and/or how to be implemented for the long haul. 

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 8 (1,890 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry The last event handed out almost entirely useless collectibles for how many were actually needed... if we could even afford to build a player at all. No secondary options to use them.

This 22 event, a much more realistic event by the way, could potentially require a huge amount of collectibles, with less objectives available to earn them.

Possible solution; allow unused event collectibles to be traded for current/future collectibles. We "earned" them, after all. Throw on an exchange rate, since EA seems determined to micro manage the economy.

Or do you prefer that your customers waste their time? EA sports, a waste of time!

Not the best slogan...

Message 6 of 8 (1,860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/936741707399303168?s=20&t=09bwU6uMrsIWsKaRlmCU8A

I don’t understand why this can’t be a thing.  Collectibles are untradeable and many of us are stuck with upwards of 20 collectibles from early sets that have literally 0 use.  

Message 7 of 8 (1,650 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Agreed.  I have collectibles left over from sets I no longer have any intention of using.  Given that I earned the collectibles, I should be able to either exchange them for either coins or collectibles from other sets I may want to complete.

Message 8 of 8 (853 Views)