Re: incapable of doing the blue challenge

by xcrimsonlegendx

Original Post

incapable of doing the blue challenge

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Is there an work around for the blue trial of gnomus? Because i really want torchwood but i am litterly incapable of doing the blue challenges. Its due an condition i have that my short term memory is really bad. I even have trouble remembering 5 of the icons let alone more of em. i tried methods like taking an screenshot, but it just takes to much time. I do it with citron but still to slow. Any advice on how to get it?

Message 1 of 9 (2,358 Views)

★ Guide

I had difficulty with that trial, and I'd forget on the 3 icon one. Confused took me around 40 or so tries to get it done.

I got through by saying the icons out loud as I walked by the arc. You'll need to use small syllable words too, because if the words are too long (Like "Flower Pot" or "Lawn Mower") you won't have enough time to say them all.

I used Pot, Can (Watering can), Boot, Spade (Shovel), Bird, Fence, Mower and Barrow. I wish I could help better than that, but saying them out loud, though it felt and sounded silly, really helped. Especially since it was easier to recall what I had just said. It still took quite a few tries with this method, but it worked.

I'm sorry I can't help more, that's all I got.

Message 2 of 9 (2,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks for the reply ill try it out Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (2,345 Views)

★ Guide

Let us know if you get it!

Message 4 of 9 (2,333 Views)

★★★ Novice

Another possible way of doing it if you have somebody willing to help is this. There are two people in the same room, and the other person remembers one half of the code and you memorize the other half. This makes it so you have to remember at most 4 items, and if you shorten the names and say them out loud, this shouldn't be a problem. (For example mower instead of lawnmower) Hope this helped Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (2,299 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Another way is one person take a photo with the phone and read it loud to you, so you don't need to remember anything Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (2,281 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

^^^ what he said

Message 7 of 9 (2,098 Views)

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been able to pass a single one of them.  Granted, I'm always improving as a player, and the last time I tried was many months ago.  So I guess it's about time to give them another go.

Message 8 of 9 (2,069 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Just keep at it you'll get it eventually!

I was really struggling but eventually got some really easy repeating patterns and I managed to get through, I even tried having a friend help but it was impossible! Also on the final puzzle I used the Imp and just skated past the last two or three tiles to the finish line.

Message 9 of 9 (1,961 Views)