Re: Sassquash challenge throwdown as Rose

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Sassquash challenge throwdown as Rose

★★★★★ Expert

It's a challenge so it will be much harder without sunflower but doable. Here is my strategy for all roses:

0. Team composition:

- At minimum one NecRose to jinx the yeti so get more damage during team attack.

- Upgrade: Fast healing, homing, damage/fast reload.

- Ability:  Split to pair with one member use healing arcane and other regular arcane or both healing arcane.

1. Plant goop mushroom on both corner and one flower pot on the center. 

2. All attacks from hiding/cover place while he's goop and can't move, jinx it for more damage, slow him down with time snare to control his distance.

3. Hopefully, we can get 5-10% down before he runs away. Put healing pots to stay healthy. Stay together and attack him with jinx and from a covered place with homing ability with one rose doing the bodyguard job and healing job. Use goatify when the crowd is getting out of control.

4. Once he dig, we back to top and build our protection there (healing flower pot, ice pot). We can attack all of the burgers from this position (pair on left and pair on right). One player focus on destroying burger while other doing bodyguard when needed.

5. Subordination, slow down those annoying all-stars or change them to goat. Change to arcane before things getting out of hand (heal and kills). Plant goop shroom, why? to slow down the all-stars and when sassquash show up, he will get goop again.

6. Repeat step 3 and 5. Always replanted the pot with goop shroom/ice shroom whenever you see it's destroyed.

7. Stay together during two giant boss and change annoying super brains to goat, mbeekkk mbeekkk).

8. Then Squash the Sassquash.

We always on the edge. We use a lot jinx to increase damage, a lot of time snare acting like a goop (stop fire attack, and control distance), a lot of healing arcane (to get extra 20 HP, healing other, temporary invincible to run away to pot, then plant heal flowers or goop pot). Time was almost running out (~1 min remaining), but we finally nail it. YESSS!!! 

Here is the video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jaiBiSpuY

Thanks to pandareno, splash_damage and platypuswater for nailed it in 1st attempt !

Message 1 of 2 (952 Views)

Re: Sassquash challenge throwdown as Rose

[ Edited ]

I still maintain that there is no good reason to use arcane enigma over arcane lotus for boss hunt.  The self and team mate heals are pretty necessary.  The damage from AE is negligible.

It would take some careful watching to be certain, but I'm pretty sure the jinx affected the healing burgers.  I could easily be wrong, but I also seem to remember that for raising the gardens, being in arcane form counted as being in the base, unlike in multiplayer.

Message 2 of 2 (943 Views)