Key Strategy to beat the Yeti King (all level, especially crazy level)

by asukojo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Key Strategy to beat the Yeti King (all level, especially crazy level)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

This's my lesson learned from Yeti King Boss hunt on crazy level but works on any level. Strategy is the key since we have a lot time, so no need to hurry but make sure execute strategy correctly :

0. Team composition I found the best :

- Two Sun Flower: Either stuffy flower, vampire flower or electric flower. Pair them together all the time.

- Two big gun character : Commando/regular/party corn, toxic/plasma/electric pea, regular/electric/iron citron.

1. Put a lot pot plants, any of them to keep zombies busy attacking the pot, instead of the team. Best pot for crown control is electric, frozen mushroom and explosion mush room, best pot for the yeti is goop. Watch out for frozen mini yeti, they're the most dangerous. Kill them before they're coming. Then stay on the roof top during the yeti phase. Sun flower can use the healing pot to go up there.

2. Two player(corn, pea shooter, citron) stay on top of the bridge to shoot 95% of the popsicle.  Another pair (sun flower team) stand by on far end to take care the popsicle on top the bus (and under the bridge). Actually the Commando corn can nail 95% popsicle(including under the bridge) very easily by himself, so sun flower team can do the zombie cleaning while watching the popsicle on the bus to show up.

3. Stay as a pair to kill the yeti and disco to avoid their surprise attack. Avoid at all cost going down to the alley, too many zombies there. Most importanly, never separated from the pair and group since it's very hard to survive alone especially on a crazy level. You will die and waste revive or precious time and your team. If you die, don't use your revive unless it's really emergency. Finally, regroup all four as a full team toward the imp.

4. This one most people didn't aware of it. Do NOT kill the imp ASAP but bring the imp CLOSE to the king. Great idea, but HOW ?

One player shoot the imp, then run away from him. He will "FOLLOW" you !  So keep shooting little bit and drive him to Yeti. Other just protect the group. When you got pretty close by but safe distance, finish him off. Heal all players to max health, the strongest player should drink this.

5. Attacking distance to yeti king .

Approach the Yeti with medium distance so he won't coming and jump and kill all of you. Find open space (under cover if possible) so he can't run and hide behind cover. The one drink MUST STAY PUT while attacking (not dancing/moving around or husk hop), sun flower put the flower pot, and the team start bring the big gun (chuck shot, sun beam, pea Gatling, etc), EXCEPT the bodyguard (see 6). Attack the head since critical shot,  frozen the King yeti so he basically will do nothing (no ice attack, and less ice rain).

6. One player must be DEDICATED part of his time to BODYGUARD the team during attacking period.

Even though u're sure u have cleaned the zombies, new zombies will come out of the blue and start rushing. The most dangerous one is frozen mini yeti. So one player must watch the team six while inside the circle for fast kills. He must do this process especially when 3 other players bring their big gun. Once the big attack done, the last player can load his big gun then back to bodyguard. If totally empty, all four attacking. Recommended character is a legendary character such as Commando corn, Iron Citron, so they fill their meter during this cleanup and can attack with full force (especially Iron citron, scary progress). 

7. Once yeti start dancing to bring ice cycle raindrop, instruct the team to move from that spot to avoid all the team got killed!

8. If you do this right, you should get 20-30% damage. Quickly get back into position, and stay as a pair to top of the bridge and far end side, repeat the cycle 3 to 4 times. Each cycle is around 5-6 min. 

This video show : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKFRxOZz2W0

1. How to nail 95% of the popsicle and how to split the team. U can see pair of sun flower on far end (4:20)

2. How to guide the imp near the Yeti king (2:17). Thanks for downtownmpls for the tips.

3. How to body guard the team  (3:00)

Hope this helps, if you like, don't hesitate give XP.

Message 1 of 13 (9,620 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Key Strategy to beat the Yeti King (all level, especially crazy level)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Here is the full video of beating crazy Yeti King from start to the end following the strategy above with PVZ forum (pandareno, final_zidane and pc20xx). We did it slowly and timer is almost run out but we keep our composure and nail it: Great job guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RDZXGitbUE&t=1931s

Note: Answering to your question: Total 6 hats (if not mistaken, 3 normal, 2 hard, 1 crazy). You have to battle them separately. Crazy has a special scrumptious hat (colorful infinity hat) which can only get from crazy yeti. For other 5 hats, I recommend to get all 3 from normal first, then nail remaining two from hard.

If you go directly from normal to hard, you will get the normal hat so you work harder and got the same hat. 

View in thread

Message 8 of 13 (11,684 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

I believe that very good players can flout many of these suggestions and succeed. 

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Rbt5YFRlY

There's more than one way to skin an ironcatfish!  Sorry I haven't been around to play man, I've got freaking gout in my right wrist.

Message 2 of 13 (9,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Off course, there're many ways to go to Rome, this video show using Yeti Chomper on crazy (barely made it) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP22sayLAvo

From the video of ironcatfish:

1. I did same trick as electric cacktus (under bridge, put mines and block on the entry). Works very well.

2. The imp is relatively close to Yeti King in this video so they don't need to bring the imp closer.

3. There's no body doing body guard role, team almost wipe out during the attack multiple times. They got lucky that one survive.

Message 3 of 13 (9,486 Views)

[ Edited ]

I can't argue with that, man.  I didn't really post this as a counter to your suggestions, more just as a "hey wow, look what else can work?!" sort of thing.  

I've seen the video with executionator and uonlywish both playing yeti chomper for laughs.  I misremembered for some reason, I thought the team eventually failed.

Cheers!

Message 4 of 13 (9,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Finally, found a team that follows this procedure and we nailed crazy level very smoothly. 

The only update I can tell is:

1. After bringing down all popsicle, you need BOTH PAIR (the pair of sunflowers and pair of corn or pair of etc) to STICK TOGETHER  to clear the disco and regular yeti, and never separated or split since it's very hard to survive alone there.

2. Then all four join together when bringing the imp down (if it's too far, bring the imp closer to King Yeti).

3. If you're corn, release your chuck shot and butter barrage first, clear the incoming zombie next then attack with the basic shot to the head (critical hit make Yeti King frozen! ), you might able to release the 2nd chuck shot before the time expired.

I updated this on top so the top guide is my final recommended to beat the crazy level.

If you've microphone, you communicate this procedure to them, as long they listen and try to follow, I can guarantee you will succeed as well, maybe not at first attempt, but eventually once all of them works together in harmony. I was lucky that meet one random player (nature wave) who basically understand the concept and follow the instruction. We try hard, nailed it smoothly, then tried crazy, nailed it smoothly as well.

Message 5 of 13 (9,226 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Here is the video when beat the crazy Yeti King. I took 3 rounds, I just show the last 2 rounds.

We didn't guide the imp closer to Yeti king on the 2nd round causing the 2nd round attack less efficient. Luckily the 3rd round, the Yeti King is very close so drained almost 1/3 of his life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxlw2yNCg-E

I'm doing the bodyguard role and while cleaning the incoming zombie, my meter got full and release my chuck shot (10970 damage !)

Message 6 of 13 (9,190 Views)

Anonymous

Thanks for the tips. Got both the Yeti normal and the Silver Crown with randoms using yr advice. Just one question. Say I am with a team who are going for the Scrumptious crown, and I have only got the silver crown. Would I get the Scrumptious crown and all the crowns that preceded bthat crown automatically or would I have to battle the Yeti King for the Golden and Gem crown too.  

Thanks 

Message 7 of 13 (8,955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Here is the full video of beating crazy Yeti King from start to the end following the strategy above with PVZ forum (pandareno, final_zidane and pc20xx). We did it slowly and timer is almost run out but we keep our composure and nail it: Great job guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RDZXGitbUE&t=1931s

Note: Answering to your question: Total 6 hats (if not mistaken, 3 normal, 2 hard, 1 crazy). You have to battle them separately. Crazy has a special scrumptious hat (colorful infinity hat) which can only get from crazy yeti. For other 5 hats, I recommend to get all 3 from normal first, then nail remaining two from hard.

If you go directly from normal to hard, you will get the normal hat so you work harder and got the same hat. 

Message 8 of 13 (11,685 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Next round, we played hard level and I play as sunflower this time: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyBuZIZzUT4

As sunflower, we're much busy on the other side with zombies, frozen imps so we like the corn to tell us when the popsicle show up on the bus and under the bridge. You need to watch out from disco and yeti who might wreck you so recommend to put goop pot on both end endsthe bridge to slow them down. Don't hestiate to use your sunbeam while other protecting/healing.

Always paired (never separate) and always healing each other, it's the only way you survive together.

Message 9 of 13 (8,940 Views)

@asukojo wrote:

Next round, we played hard level and I play as sunflower this time: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyBuZIZzUT4

Give credit where credit is due - you only played the first few minutes, then your young daughter did the rest!  Gg Clover.

Message 10 of 13 (8,923 Views)