How to Unlock: Hover Goat-3000 + Abilities Tutorial (OUTDATED)

by JustCallMeTotal

Original Post

How to Unlock: Hover Goat-3000 + Abilities Tutorial (OUTDATED)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

In order to unlock this character, you must get all four trial keys and complete all trials, and fight King Gnomus in the Rainbow Guardian Battle. 

After completing that, you unlock a portal that breaks the King Gnomus Statue. Enter that portal. There are two chests inside, one with Torchwood, and one with Hover Goat-3000. The one on the right is the Hover Goat chest, left is Torchwood (That'll be in another thread). There are five locks on the chest, and every lock cost 15 rainbow stars. Get 75 rainbow stars, and **KAPOW** you unlock Hover Goat.

Hover Goat-3000 Stats

•     Hover Goat has 125 HP. 
  •     Primary Weapon: Radical Raygun (30 Ammo, 4 - 7 damage depending on Critical Hits and Range)
  • Immune to Goatify, being he already is a goat. (Does not apply to Strong Coffee, because that flower is a TECH THIEF!)    

Hover Goat-3000's Abilities

Ability 1: Damage Buff Booster Beam :: This ability gives a 30% damage buff to the ally it links to. Has no recharge.

Ability 2: Mega Awesome Laser :: Basically a mobile Pea Gatling // Sunbeam. Deals 8 - 12 damage, (Depends on Range) but it still runs out of power even when not firing. Recharge Time: 15 seconds

Ability 3 : Tubular Turbo :: Activates a speed boost to all allies nearby, including the Hover Goat. Recharge Time: 20 seconds.

This thread is outdated. To read my latest, most improved version of this character tutorial, click here.

- Total

Message 1 of 7 (4,676 Views)

Re: How to Unlock: Hover Goat-3000 + Abilities Tutorial

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

An important point regarding the Mega Awesome Laser is that while it does function as a mobile equivalent or a Sunbeam or Pea Gatling that mobility is balanced by the fact that it is a timed ability and not one based on your usage as the Sunbeam and Pea Gatling are; while with the latter two it is possible to remain in that mode indefinitely by not firing and expending ammunition the Mega Awesome Laser will time out whether or not you are actively firing.

Because of that you need to adopt a different tactic than you would with a Sunbeam or Pea Gatling because it is not possible "set up" in a concealed location or vantage point in advance and wait for your opponents to appear as it is with those Plant abilities; the Mega Awesome Laser needs to be engaged when you have the Plant targets in sight and have a clear shot because the seconds spent without damaging an enemy team member are wasted. 

Message 2 of 7 (4,665 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks @realitysquared I'll fix that part of the thread and add extra info.

Message 3 of 7 (4,656 Views)

[ Edited ]

I love it when I'm playing graveyard ops and a decent hover goat player is in the game.  A link up between a hover goat's buff and a scientist's heal beam is just the best.  Add in Crunch Time mode and it's simply awesome!  Having a pocket scientist for quick revives allows the goat player to be quite reckless.

Message 4 of 7 (4,639 Views)

[ Edited ]

@JustCallMeTotal -

Would you like me to lock this thread for new replies now that you've posted the updated version?  If so, i will move Stuffy's post above to the new thread.

Message 5 of 7 (3,343 Views)

★★ Guide
That’d be fine. This thread is old anyway.
Message 6 of 7 (3,335 Views)

OK I moved Stuffy's response to the new thread and will now lock this one.  Thanks for your efforts!

Message 7 of 7 (3,319 Views)