Best characters in each class, plz share opinion!

by Soccer10149

Original Post

Best characters in each class, plz share opinion!

★★★★★ Newbie

I was just wondering what character in each class performs the best and why you have that opinion! 

Feel free to also share what your favorite class in the game is!

Message 1 of 48 (15,589 Views)

Re: Best characters in each class, plz share opinion!

★ Guide

I think it's always opinionated when it comes to "best character" which is something that I really love about Garden Warfare! There are so many choices for people to love and main! K so my favs so far are...

• Zoologist (don't have Computer Scientist yet)
  • Drake Imp (don't have S.H.R.I.M.P yet)
  • Cosmic Brains (literally the only variant I have)
  • Electro Citron (still think his uncharged shot could use a buff)
  • Vamp Sunflower
  • BBQ Corn
  • Zen Cactus
  • Hot Rod Chomp

As far as the classes left out, I still need to dabble before settling on favs for them. I've played all the classes but haven't found mains for them all yet. I changed my favorites in GW1 like 5 times; I expect to do the same with this one too xD

Message 2 of 48 (15,425 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MoonLiteWolf wrote:

I think it's always opinionated when it comes to "best character" which is something that I really love about Garden Warfare! There are so many choices for people to love and main! K so my favs so far are...

• Zoologist (don't have Computer Scientist yet)
  • Drake Imp (don't have S.H.R.I.M.P yet)
  • Cosmic Brains (literally the only variant I have)
  • Electro Citron (still think his uncharged shot could use a buff)
  • Vamp Sunflower
  • BBQ Corn
  • Zen Cactus
  • Hot Rod Chomp

As far as the classes left out, I still need to dabble before settling on favs for them. I've played all the classes but haven't found mains for them all yet. I changed my favorites in GW1 like 5 times; I expect to do the same with this one too xD

Only Variants I would suggest instead of the ones here are:

Chemist: does more burst damage than Zoologist, has wider spread; upgraded, it is a two shot kill on 100 health Plants that have taken 5 damage.

Electrobrainz: punches chain damage, ranged attack is ludicrously good; Cosmic Brainz does have better single target damage output, though, but can be left vulnerable at times.

Message 3 of 48 (15,374 Views)

★★★★ Novice
For it would be:
- party citron
- druid rose
- bbq corn
- toxic pea
- hot rod chomper
- alien flower
- zen cactus

- lil drake imp
- electro brainz
- captain flameface
- park ranger
- welder/electrician
- zoologist
- moto-x star
Message 4 of 48 (15,341 Views)

★★★ Novice

LOVE the BAR B Q corn   Even though the MOB corn looks so cool.

Have Alien Flower , not thrilled.   Do want Vampire or maybe the blue one ?

Imp - LIL Drake for sure

Chomper - LOVE my Hot Rod, LOVE the Sound Effect too.  but the Armored Chomper is Tough as NAILS!

Message 5 of 48 (15,308 Views)

★★★ Novice
It's hard to suggest which is the best class because we are aiming to get every characters balanced as much as possible. It actually depends on your playstyle. Some players want a character that hits fast, some want a slow but solid hit. Some wants to be a frontliner, some wants to be sneaky.

Each has its pros and cons. Though people complain about other characters to be OP, some people just don't know its weaknesses yet. For example, Chemists. Chemists might deal 40 damage in a cone. But you need to get near as possible to be able to make a hit. With 100 health, you can get easily killed. If plants know what they're doing, they can avoid being backstabbed by a sneaky chemists. They have poor reload time even with the reload upgrade. About 2 to 2.5 secs. If it happens that you ran out of ammo in the middle of assault, you're dead.

So what I would suggest is to try everything. It's you who will discover what's best for you.
Message 6 of 48 (15,224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have to unlock them all and play them for a bit before I settle on which ones work the best. But for now, any character that does damage after an initial hit is always good. ( fire, poison)

Message 7 of 48 (15,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I haven't maxed out the characters but For now:
Citron - frozen - empeach + freeze = vanquish
Rose- Druid - I don't like the charge types
Corn- prolly bbq for extra fire dmg but I use pops corn too
Pea - toxic or agent
Chomper - hot rod for 1 on 1 electric for closely packed maps
Sunflower - fire or vampire

Zombies (really OP right now)
Super B- electro of course ! Zap zap zap!
Capt DB- shark laser dude (huge damage)
Imp- I prefer the one with single shot with the black armor - he does tons of damage - doesn't even need mech most of the time!
Soldier - I still prefer Camo ranger -it's really hard to spot his attacks
Engineer- welder but the ear-X terminator guy seems good
Scientist - chemist /zoologist are OP! Paleo for longer range matches
Allstar-- I prefer the tennis star since he's faster

I really just play those varients I like even if they are not the best DPS
Message 8 of 48 (15,170 Views)

★★ Guide

My humble suggestions are

Plants

Citron: I just roll out with stock. He has splash damage (5 points per tick) which also adds to the direct hit damage. So you can deal 9-11 points of damage. Party citron as well has splash damage with his laser attack. He's my new favorite class

Cactus: Camo Cactus, but I warn you, you need a lot of practice and the damage upgrade, which is unlocked at Elite lvl3, and you can't fight close range, so you must carefully choose your position and the placement of tallnuts and potato mines ( I played him over 200 hours in GW1, so yeah..)

Sunflower: Metal Petal, you can take far more damage while reviving/healing

Pea: Agent Pea, very high DPS, buffed accuracy from Gw1, just awesome

Chomper: Fire chomper, best DPS by far plus fire damage, although the Unicorn one's warp ability is hilarious to use

Corn: I happen to find a liking to Pops Corn because of his mid-range damage, but he is somewhat tricky to use

Rose: Never ever used her before the patch except the fire variant when I tried to accomplished a crazy Garden Ops Quest, and i wouldn't suggest using her after the patch, but if you really want to be a free kill,probably stock or druid

Zombies

Scientist: Marine Biologist, the close quarter killer since GW1, my second most played character in GW1

Soldier: After the Tank Commander nerf, Scuba Soldier

Al-Star: Wrestling-Star is really good up close if you can hit, and better over range than the default one

Engineer: Sanitation Expert is the best at any range, with good damage, fire rate and accuracy. And toxic damage...

Super Brainz: Electro Brainz, but i haven't used him since the Rose nerf

Imp: Z7, but for non pre-order, S.H.R-Imp is awesome too

Deadbeards: Never use him, since I feel like he's a scaled-down cactus, but Sharkbite is somewhat acceptable (I still kill them 24/7 though)

Message 9 of 48 (15,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Team Zombies

Scientist: Zoologist, Marine Biologist, Paleontologist

Engineer: Roadie Z, Electrician, Welder

Soldier: Tank Commander, Camo Ranger

All Star: Ice Hockey, Cricket

Imp: Lil Drake, SHRImp

Super Z: Electro Brainz

Pirate: Captain Sharkbite

Team Plants

Chomper: Unicorn, Fire