Re: Best characters in each class, plz share opinion!

by Studman61

Original Post

★ Guide

Thought I'd share my faves.

Rock Pea: He has more health and splash damage than the default which I both like while his only losses are a small 3 less direct damage, a speed decrease which I'm not sure even exists and 3 less shots which are negligible due to his fast reload.

Stuffy Flower: She has the power and magazine of the default while having a different version of self healing. Shes also the only character I've ever seen that encourages kill stealing as a supportive tactic.

Power Cactus: Solid Damage  with decent falloff distances combined with good arcing damage that I find other electric characters lack make this sniper deadly against groups of enemies.

Yeti Chomper: He unleashes a ceaseless barrage of snowballs with a big splash radius that at point blank deal the most damage of any chomper. Once freezing overtakes your target you have many options with this character. Chomp, point blank him, chomp cannon or vampweed for health. The ranged attack makes him much more versatile then the others

BBQ Corn: His great accuracy, projectile speed and fire rate allow him to spread his element like wildfire at any range which combines well which his high powered abilities. I also really like his character design

Druid Rose: Her touch of poison aids in her crowd control abilities and her design is top notch.

Citron: He has really good damage at close range and his higher beam duration over the party variant can really help against groups.

Park Ranger: He does really good damage with a quick reload that offsets his lower magazine and the cloud damage can leave a mark on tight groups and bottlenecks at any range. I also think hes the best looking soldier.

Archaeologist: His high rate of fire makes his more versatile than other scientists and his lower close range dps doesn't seem to be an issue for me. His projectile and spreadshot seem longer allowing him to hit for max damage from slightly farther away.

Landscaper: His high rate of fire makes him devastating against anything easy to hit including pea gatling and he can drop anything quickly with direct hits while still be capable of dealing splash. Landing several direct shots in a row is also very satisfying. Also buttcrack.

Hockey Star: His insane fire rate and projectile speed decimates all who oppose him.

S.H.R Imp: High damage and accuracy make him deadly at a longer range and his mech is powerful and agile. Also good design.

Captain Deadbeard: Good damage with no falloff and little bloom with a quick zoom in make him a powerful sniper. Possession of the strongest and widest close range attack of the pirates also allows him to drop groups quickly like a chemist.

Breakfast Brainz: Powerful and fun melee and ranged attacks. Also his design is good to the point where I've barely changed his default look.

Message 41 of 48 (2,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Plants

Chomper - Twilight or Hot Rod. Twilight's warp allows him to surprise enemies and he/she/it does 35 base chomp damage, which is on the higher end compared to other chompers. Hot Rod can go on constant streaks with his speed boost, swallowing one zombie and going to the next, and to the next, and so on. I do also like the fire and power variants, but I feel that chompers with a spray are not as effective as chompers with a bite, as chompers with a bite can do more damage quicker.

Sunflower - Vampire or Pharaoh. Vampire and Pharaoh can both sustain themselves with either regenerating from hitting zombies in the case of vampire, or doing tons of burst damage in the case of the pharaoh variant. However, if you do prefer healing instead of killing, stuffy is a good variant for that. 

Peashooter - Agent Pea. The variant can do lots of quick and high damage, and get out of the battle quickly with hyper. Law pea is also pretty good as well, as he is similar to the agent pea.

Cactus - Zen or Camo. Both variants can do high head shot damage and can often two shot most zombie class, without damage upgrades. However, if you don't like the lower the mag the higher the damage mechanic on the zen cactus, then camo is better.

Corn - BBQ corn. He can do small damage with a high fire rate. The fire damage is also nice to have as well.

Citron - Iron Citron. Personally, I don't play citron's so I don't really know, but when I face them, the Iron citron seems to kill me the most. Plus, he has his legendary mode which makes him even better.

Rose - Rose. I don't have the party rose but I have heard that she is quite good. In the begging of the game I would have said the fire variant without a doubt, but she got nerfed. The normal variant can do lot's of damage from a good range, and her homing mechanism is quite helpful for taking out zombies quickly.

Torchwood - Torchwood. There aren't any variants:/

Zombies

Scientist - Marine Biologist. The battle for best scientist is quite tough, but ultimately, the marine biologist does more damage than the chemist and zoologist, so that's why I picked him. The chemist is definitely a close second, and the zoologist is also quite good. However, I do not have the computer scientist, but I have seen gameplay of him, and he looks really good. But if the chemist did more damage, or had more(or significantly more) ammo than the marine biologist, I would pick him. Plus, the marine biologist can still do damage at range, just not very much.

Engineer - Roadie Z or Plumber. Both of them can do high damage. The plumber has really good splash damage, and his shots can just be fired into the center of the garden to get kills. Roadie Z does lot's of damage up close.

All-Star - Tennis Star. He becomes a lot less vulnerable than other all stars but still has high damage and health. 

Foot Solider - Super Commando. He can do a lot of damage really quickly. Just put out 3 shots, reload, then repeat. He is great for sniping, as his high burst damage is great for surprising enemies. However, the scuba solider is also quite good, but I prefer the super commando.

Imp - Z7 Imp. By far, the best imp. His mech is pretty good, but the gravity ability for the mech isn't very good. But as the imp, you do the most damage of any imp, by just spraying the plants with high damage shots that can rapid fire.

Super Brainz - Toxic Brainz. The other super brainz aren't very good, except electro. But Toxic has his legendary mode, so he takes first place over electro.

Captain Deadbeard - Captain Sharkbite. Even after his nerf, he can still do quite good damage from short and close range.

Message 42 of 48 (1,793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

best plants:

citron: electro citron, have't tried the legends yet.

rose: necrose, hex is very powerful

corn: regular corn, 8-9 dmg with very high fire rate

pea: agent pea, very fast fire rate with lots of dmg

sunflower: power flower, decent damage with electric

chopper: count chompula, after u chomp, i like extra hp

cactus: jade, decent dmg with decent firerate

zombies: 

imp:z7 insane dmg + firerate

hero: breakfast, insane firerate

deadbeard: captain squawk has rly good zoom and dmg

soldier: reg soldier, same as corn

scientist: chemist has INSANE damage

all star: hockey star, INSANE dps

engineer: mechanic, basically mini big bolt blaster

Message 43 of 48 (1,500 Views)

★ Apprentice

I know this is an old post by I want share my opinion before its too late Secret

Zombies:

Imp: Z7 Imp

Pirates: Sharkbite

Super Brainz:  Electro Brainz (I always get hunted by chompers when I play toxic)

Soldiers: Super Commander ( He is good against chompers)

Engineers: Electrician

Scientist: Astronaunt

All-Stars: Tennis Star

--------------------------------

Plants

Cirtron: Iron Citron

Rose: Fire Rose

Corn: Party Corn

Peashooter: Agent Pea

Sunflower: Stuffy

Cactus: Bandit Cactus

Oh I almost forgot...

Chompers: Fire Chomper (I don't play Chomper unless I have to.)

Message 44 of 48 (1,421 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My favs.

Skally

Party captain

AC Perry

Cosmic Brains

Park Ranger

Archeologist

Wrestling Star

Mob Cob

Party Rose

Electric Citron

Chomp thing 

Jade Cactus

Metal pedal

Commando pea

I also love torch with Nurse Joker outfit

Message 45 of 48 (1,412 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Best in each class is:

Citron - Iron Citron

Corn - Party Corn

Rose - Party Rose

Peashooter - Electro Pea

Chomper - Hot Rod

Sunflower - Stuffy Flower

Cactus - Future Cactus

Torchwood - Gingerbark best customization dont @ me

Imp - Z7 best imp Scally has best mech

Super Brainz - Toxic Brainz

Pirate - Captain Cannon

Foot Soldier - Super Commando

Engineer -  Landscaper

Scientist - Computer Scientist

All-Star - Hockey Star

Hover Goat - idk i like festive rider the most probably lol

I dont touch engineer and all star much, so I'm open to those being different, but from my general understanding of the two I believe landscaper and hockey to be the best 

Message 46 of 48 (1,394 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Was hoping someone would notice that I was joking. Lol. Having no preference I usually play them all. Even when playing 3-4 hrs of mixed or turf no character is repeated.

You should give the engineers and All stars a try. The painter hits 48dps from any range. Landscaper, electrician and sanitation are great long range as well. Mechanic, plumber and roadz are upfront beast great for gnome bomb and other short range matches.

Allstars are fun as well. Rugby is a close range nightmare as well as reg and wrestler but with wrestler it takes some throttling and needs to be melee close. Hockey is great mid range with goalie and cricket for mid to long range. 

Festive is definitely a fav though. Who would want to vanquish a little rain deer goat. Gingerbread is another fun one. I have t1000 but never suited up.

Message 47 of 48 (1,383 Views)

★★★ Novice

Imp:

Z7 Imp, cause his primary and mech.

SuperBrainz:

Toxic brainz, cause toxic overload.

Captain Deadbeard:

Captain Sqwak: cause he is a very long range character.

Footsoldier:

Camoranger: long range footsoldier.

Engineer: Painter.

Best ranged engineer by far.

Scientist: Marine Biologist.

CRAZY!!!! close range damage.

All Star: golf star.

Very accurate fast firing primary weapon.

Message 48 of 48 (930 Views)