Reporting Teammates that disconnect

by XxGangsoldierxX

Original Post

Teammate reporting

★★ Apprentice

It needs to happen, and not only because of the cheaters but because of racist language.  I had a player repeatedly saying racist things because I stream on Twitch.  I immediately left the game (Which will someday give me a leaver penalty).  After 250 hours I have only encountered one toxic racist player who yelled the N word and typed it out on screen multiple times (If I mute the player, they can still type these words).  A profanity filter should be added as well as a teammate report function for these very rare circumstances.  I am positive you will handle bans appropriately for these types of players but my issue is that they can always just remake accounts, they should fall under the same HWID ban that cheaters do when found guilty of using in-game chat/VOIP to spout hate speech.  

I will not play with racist players, I also try to avoid sexist, homophobic, and yellow light conversation.  The second conversations even hint in that direction I immediately leave the game, if paired with random players I met on a discord I block or remove them from my parties.  

Message 2 of 11 (2,788 Views)

★ Novice

Please add report feature i just got 2 games in a row where my teammate hides in a corner the whole game for xp and doesnt move

Message 1 of 11 (2,675 Views)

Re: Teammate reporting

Community Manager

We're sorry to hear about the abuse you've experience while playing our game. Hopefully going forward you'll avoid that and we'll make sure feedback like this is considered by the Apex Legends team.

If you come across any abusive players in our games this is how to report it to our Terms of Service team: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thank you for playing Apex Legends.

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 11 (2,728 Views)

★★ Expert
that sucks, especially if you're a streamer. You could suggest that the devs to change options for the mute. Mute would be no voice heard and no chat
Message 4 of 11 (2,709 Views)

★★ Guide

I am not sure i understand. Are you asking for an option to report teammates ingame? Pretty sure thats already there aswell as an option to mute chat and voip of individual players on your team.

Message 5 of 11 (2,699 Views)

Report Teammate button

★ Apprentice

Being told to "Kill myself" Because I had 0 ammo and no health or shields when trying to fight an enemy team, by my own team mate when the gun battle is lost is just ridiculous, now I'm not so thin skinned that its the end of my rope, but it would be nice to report people who are just toxic AF in this game. Just a thought

Message 6 of 11 (2,695 Views)

Re: Report Teammate button

★★★ Pro
Not just that but afking and spamming characters in the lobby to blind anyone watching with that annoying flash is also something I'd like to report since I can't give those * a piece of my mind without the sensitive Sony team banning me
Message 7 of 11 (2,672 Views)

Reporting Teammates that disconnect

★★★ Newbie

While I agree that it is a good thing devs put this in game with the last update; I think something needs to be done to the servers first. I've been getting disconnected from the server on my first or second matches due to server failure. I am usually in a party chat with my teammates, and they are still able to play. I've contacted the support staff and they told me to try to play on a "wired" connection. I did, and still have the same issue.

Reporting won't be an issue when I play with my friends and I'm able to tell them I got kicked out of the server. The problem will be when I play with random players and I get kicked out/disconnected from the server and they report me for leaving or disconnecting. I don't want to get banned or punished for something that is completely out of my control. If reporting is only allowed on players that disconnect after being downed, I wouldn't have a problem as I usually wait to see if my teammates are able to revive me. 

Message 8 of 11 (2,730 Views)

Re: Reporting Teammates that disconnect

★★★★★ Apprentice

I never leave a game. Never. And when I seen that they have this reporting option it didn't bother me except with this update I have been disconnected a lot in the past few days. Now I can see how this reporting option could be a problem if they can't keep their servers stable.

Message 9 of 11 (2,719 Views)

about Teammate Report List

★★★ Apprentice

we need the cheating options arrange with the teammate report list to report obvious cheats.

Message 10 of 11 (2,688 Views)