The biggest problem with inventing a currency that you get with leveling up is once you run out of things to buy with it, no-matter how much other content you release : it creates the appearance of stagnation. I'm not arguing that Apex is stagnant or empty, just that the underutilisation of a currency system like this can give the impression of it.
To combat this : some sinks for this currency would be a good thing, and just add another mechanic for people who get a kick out of the extra-game stuff (like the BP).
Possibilities of what could be done with Legend Tokens:
1. Purchasing crafting materials.
A small amount of crafting mats for a very LARGE amount of Legend Tokens.
2. Purchasing an even smaller amount of Apex Coins.
The reward amount should be something like 10 for 10k points, an amount not really usable in and of itself. This would encourage people to buy more coins to supplement their low amount or at least give out a small reward for lots of hours spent playing.
3. Pay 1000 Legend Tokens to re-roll a specific daily/weekly challenge to a different one from your remaining pool of challenges.
This might ease some people's complaints about the challenges being too hard.
4. Buy additional challenges for the day/week once you've completed the ones you currently have.
5. Pay a large amount of your tokens (maybe even a % of your total) to negate the early leaver penalty
This was suggested in another thread. I don't really like it but it's worth everyone chewing over.
I'll add more as time goes on but if we can rattle a decent idea out of someone's head then it's worth having a conversation around this.
July - last edited July
@AnlbrdYeah pretty much agreed or make it so we can use our red coin\ earned from actually playing the game coins more useable for store items\ skins already loaded in game we actually want, just give less legend tokens so you gotta truly earn for your store\skin items. That be cool.