a month ago
I was banned from whole Origin and I can't log in into any of the games I have there. I can't log in to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 (I have it on Steam also) that was released 11 years ago, even before Origin existed.
So they did not ban me from Apex or chat restricted me there, they banned me in all of their games.
I have this EA account since Titanfall 2. That game was released in 2016. I have not been banned or in other way punished by EA ever before til a touch Apex.
So, frustrating Apex Arenas had to happen to bring the worst out of me.
What do they accomplish with this suspension?
- It does not stop me from playing Apex, it is free to play game. I can always make new account. I can always type what ever I want in the game before they ban me. I could be toxic in Apex Legends right now.
- I dont care about cosmetics in any game. I did buy battle pass 2 times because I wanted to support the company.
- I also bought Battlefield Hardline in the past even if I never intended to play the game. I wanted to support them.
- So, the only thing they did is: they lost my trust.
I am legitimately scared of buying any EA products in the future. "A reminder here, we take a cumulative approach to these offences and if we continue to see behavior like this, we will again suspend or ban your account." So they can permanently ban me in all of their games if I use "excessive shouting (all caps)" ever, in any of their games. It seems like a huge coinflip for me... I am not sure I am willing to take a risk with this company.
Or maybe they can ban me after they read this or if I write on reddit about how bad their game mode is:
Some xenophobic dude insulted me over the voice chat in Apex Legends and made fun of the way I speak English. I was already tilted too much, I wrote something proportionally bad in text chat and I am banned now.
There is uncertainty... will EA in the future release game mode that is unready, unpolished and rushed.... and will I be tilted because I play that mode.... will they ban me for ever in BF1 )) because this mode is tilting me and xenophobic people are thinking they can spread their xenophobia freely? Should I roll the dice? Is this new business model? Ban guys who own too many skins so they need to buy skins again?
EA it is not only my fault I am tilted while playing Arena mode it is your fault also.
From the email "Being part of a gaming community should be positive, fun, fair, and safe for all." You failed with this. Arena mode is not positive, it is not fun and it is not fair. It is frustrating.
- You release that game mode without leaver penalty. It is frustrating.
- You are uncapable of releasing timely patch with leaver penalty that is working properly.
- You did not make adjustments to idle kick timers and someone can AFK whole match (intentionally) and not get disconnected. It is frustrating.
- You match random solo players to play vs full premade party. It is frustrating.
- You team up lvl 500 players who reached Platinum + in BR mode with people who just started playing the game. It is not fun for lvl 500 guy and it is not fun for new players. It is frustrating.
- You are uncapable of fixing connection issues and we have to play 2 vs 3 or even 1 vs 3 so often. It is frustrating. You knew there are connection issues that are caused by bad code in your game but in BR it did not matter as mush as it does in 3 vs 3 game mode.
- Origin stops responding very often and there are problems connecting to the game because of this. It is frustrating.
- After few days of playing arenas we can only play for KDR, win streaks or win %, there is no other meaningful progression in that game mode.
- And when I play for win rate and you match me up with xenophobic dude who is intentionally not helping the team and insults me over the voice chat.... I dont want to play your game anymore. Ever.
I decided to ban EA from my PC and my wallet. You don't have my trust anymore and I am afraid of playing on your network again. I don't want to waste my energy in any of your games because you can ban me in a game I bought many years ago because I was tilted in bad Apex Legends
a month ago
We cannot assist with bans directly here on AHQ.
If you feel you have been incorrectly banned, you can dispute any action against your EA account by following the steps in this article:
a month ago
Its who they are, it is simple decision, NEVER pay ANY money to EA again, more decisions like this more player power. I am never going to pay a single cent to any of the games even related to EA