The game is almost good. but I think I will have to stop playing for now, here is a list of things that need to be corrected.
1) Team game, but there is no way to become friends with someone you just enjoyed playing with... unless i'm missing something in the cheap UI
2) CHEAP everything has a cheap feel. aka, the skins you want me to pay money for are just skins, they don't really change the characters or even look that cool. the environment looks like you bought it off the unreal engine market place.
3) Money grab. you only get a "loot box" each time you level up and each level up is progressively harder, meaning you earn stuff slower and slower.
4) The map is WAY too large or there are way too few people on it. maybe both. I can easily always make top 5 playing solo... not because I kill anyone, just never see anyone.
5) BUGS.... Die on drop ship, your card floats in the air. laggy, and a plethora of bugs (contact me if you want more but i'm sure you are aware of them)
6) No report system. you force us to play on a team as a team but there is no way to report bad actors?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?
7) Without the report system I played 2 games in a row solo, the next game with a person who jumped solo and went who knows where and the next where it was just 2 of us.
8) movement does not seem polished at all.
9) cheap.... the UI is minimum, the skins are terrible, nothing I would pay money for.
10) money grab. I have to pay for legends!??!?! in a free to play. you have to make sure it's not pay to win. if one character is stronger. i'm at a disadvantage. and you cannot tell me just to earn them. I have played something like 20 hours and are only half way to earning one. and as stated above..... it's getting slower?!!?!?
11) along with the bugs. the movement seems a bit buggy. sometimes I stop running, sometimes sliding slows me down?! sometimes i'm sliding down a hill and all the sudden start walking? Movement is important when making a game.
12) all the weapons kind of feel the same too me. I mean. between the classes there are differences but inside a class.... I don't find myself liking one over the other. they are just meh. I was hopping for some unique guns. a shot gun pistol does not count. Play unreal tournament or doom to get all your mental juices flowing.
13) it needs something "new" nothing in this game can't be found in another... please find something to set it apart... and "polish" is not it. I believe you pushed this out the door as fast as you could and paid some big streamers a lot to say nice things about trash.
14) please. for the love of all things good, fix the bugs.
15) because the map is soooooooooo large and you could only support 60 payers and not 99, it's toooooo slow paced...
16) you reward time alive too much and not kills for exp and don't encourage fighting. because the map is so large you have teams that just stay in one spot. Maybe every 15th kill you should reward them with a loot box or something.
17) because you decided to have a stupid large map, the game takes too long and the first ring takes forever to close. speed it up a bit! (and by a bit I mean a lot)
18) It does not seem like you have a very good ranking system/placement system. aka, having players of equal caliber in the same round. you should fix this its a big bug.
19) Meshes like fences seem to stop sniper shots............... I need to test this out some more but there have been a few times when I can see them through some meshy object and shoot them a few times to 0 damage.
To sum it all up:
Fix the plethora of bugs
Add some cool cosmetics that maybe even -gasp- change the mesh?!?!?!?!? as this hurt me on the inside. you want me to spend money on crap.
make the game move faster.
add some interesting guns/mechanics.
make it so 1000 exp is a level. period.
Make the map smaller.
Fix your engine problems to support 99 players
Make the first round faster.
For the sake of everyone implement a reporting system
Let me friend people IN GAME.
ALWAYS open in full screen not windowed. (I have to change it every time I play)
ok. that is about it from me. I hope you all the best. I will play it again once I hear a large patch has been pushed.
Have you played any other BR game? Once your squad readies up and picks Legends, which is about 10 seconds, the lobby fills up and you drop. No intermediate waiting lobby like all the other games. It literally couldn't be any faster.
If all that you say is wrong with this game makes it "almost good" and you won't play it anymore..because of said problems.....I got bad news for you....there isn't a BR game on the market that will suit you fella. Maybe develop your own game?
Ok, I will give you the repeating. I did that on a few and apologize. I think they annoyed me a lot :D
I play on windows 10 with nvidia 1070.
Maybe I just have not learned the mechanics of movement? it's possible, although it just kind of felt buggy to me. maybe I need to experience it a bit.
I did note that I was going to try it again after a big patch. you said a lot of the things where because it's just released, and maybe... just for a AAA game it felt too half baked too me and feel like the community should ask our developers to release games when they are ready. not because a date came around.
Also, maybe some of my points where because other BR games have failed me and I heard that this game took all the good aspects of BR games and not the bad... so maybe I was hopping for more then what it was... Because I did not feel like it was more.
As for the skins. I really find that they have a ton that are mostly the same with a single color changed... just not my thing/was hopping for better. Figure when a AAA games comes out they would have spent a few more hours on this. Even more so when this is how they want to make money.
The forced party with no reporting system and no way to mute is probably my biggest complaint as you get many terrible unwinnable matches that means you just want to die. and then get into a new game and now you have spent 15 minutes without playing and kind of sucks... a lot and is a MAJOR oversight IMO.
The bugs can be game breaking to minor. aka, every time I start the game it starts windowed, and I have to change the setting every single time. to my death banner floating unreachable in the air or falling unreachable into the ground... both mean my team members CANT get me... I also fell through some rocks once climbing where I should not have been.
Like I said. all the weapons are from another game. no new ones. not even some of the standards like a rocket launcher that I have found (is there a rocket launcher? I have not found one.).... Again. obviously this is my preference. But I was hopping this game was different then the other half baked BR ones. That was my point. there are quite a few other half baked ones, if this one really wanted to stand out....
And again. I'm not saying I will never play it again. Just with it's current limitations I don't find it fun enough to waste time on and will try it again when I hear some of the issues have been solved. I'm waiting for the time a game company waits to release a game till it's mostly complete!
Thanks for your reply, I thought it was well thought out (a lot more thought out then my initial post!) I was pretty angry about the 4 games in a row that where ruined by other peoples not playing the game and leaving me in a 1 or 2 party squad. wasted an hour of my life without playing.