Re: Why are so many of my playable planets earth-like colors?

by MorrysIllusion

Original Post

Why are so many of my playable planets earth-like colors?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

this isnt a help thread or anything, mostly just inquiring to see if anyone knows more than i do... not urgent at all.

but, so far on my home page for Spore, more than half that playable planets popping up are all...basic earth colors? they have green earth and blue water. i find it funny as when i played in the past i remember being annoyed by how many "odd" color planets were spawning when i wanted "normal" ones.

is there any sort of probability for this? if i wanted to spawn more planets do i just wait, or should i make something on them and delete them?

Message 1 of 8 (1,180 Views)

★ Guide

the only way i know how to change the colors of the planets is to make something on them and delete them. once you do that hopefully the new that takes its place will be a color you like. Another way would be to color the planet yourself once you reach the space stage. I hope this helped you with your problem. Standard smile Have fun, Stevie303.

Message 2 of 8 (1,162 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
yeah, it seems like deleting the planets i dont want is probably the quickest way sadly v.v
i have heard about going to space stage to do it, but how would i even find the planet? i feel like it would be insanely hard to find it with how big the universe is.
Message 3 of 8 (1,139 Views)

★ Guide
I know that you can find another planet in the space phase if there is already a save file on the planet because the planet will be marked in a blue outline. however im not sure what will happen if you find a planet that does not have a save file yet. as far as i know no one has ever tried to find or interact with a planet that isn't claimed yet and the results could be very interesting. (P.S what is your spore username? id like to share my creations with people but i haven't met anyone to share with yet.) This is all, Stevie303.
Message 4 of 8 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
my spore user is Morei ! i used to play under the name "alexi23" but made an alt account for a new name.

though im mostly wondering, if i am trying to find a planet i have already put a save file on, how hard is it to even find it? like, do i really have to go manually looking for it in space stage...? that just seems very impossible or hard to do, depending on where you are in comparison to the planet you want to change...
Message 5 of 8 (1,121 Views)

★ Guide
if you already have a save file on a planet then all you need to do to find it in the space stage is to get the star on your screen, it will show up with a bright blue outline. As for finding a planet with no save file on it i have no idea what will happen. The problem is that interactions with a planet that has a save file are cut to a minimum.
Message 6 of 8 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

ah, i understand that but.... how easy is it to actually FIND the planet...? if i make a save file on a planet that is all the way on the other arm of the galaxy, will i be able to find it easily? i dont understand how i am supposed to know the exact location. do i just have to do it the manual way- upgrade enough that i can easily explore that far in the galaxy, and just keep looking and looking for the general area that i think the home planet is, until i find the outline indicating its one of my planets..?

Message 7 of 8 (1,096 Views)

★ Guide
yeah that sounds about right. Trust me its not that hard. I tried it myself one time thinking it would be near impossible but with a decent interstellar drive it should only take about 5-10 minutes.
Message 8 of 8 (1,089 Views)