Re: Spore - Continuation / remastering

by zDragonSK

Original Post

Spore - Continuation / remastering

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I know the studio was closed. But is there any chance that Electronic Arts will have a small interest in Spore? I really wanted to hear from an EA member if there was a chance that one day they would catch a game that is so incredible and renew it in a remastering or simply a sequel to that saga that still occupies my days.
I'm not very fluent in English, sorry for any mistake.

Message 1 of 6 (1,897 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
considering Maxis is no longer in charge of the game like they were, i can only imagine EA finding interest in a remake/sequel if they really felt it could make money/be successful. It may seem hopeful to other players that people are even playing that game at all in 2018, but that still may not be "enough" in the eyes of EA. Often times i do think "wow, im glad so many people are still playing" but... that "so many" number isn't that big in comparison to other things.

Theres always a chance though, that EA could want to make a new Spore. its really hard to say when they don't say much at all.
Message 2 of 6 (1,873 Views)

★★ Novice

Almost depressed about this... I WISH THEY BROUGHT THE SERVERS BACK UP!

Message 3 of 6 (1,857 Views)

★ Guide
Hi @BulletKin35, the Spore servers are online. You can still share and download creations through the Sporepedia Standard smile
Message 4 of 6 (1,840 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sad to see this, as for me, many people still consider Spore a special game. Unfortunately nowadays games like Spore where there are no kits for players to spend money, are not well accepted! Unfortunately, it's only a matter of accepting that we are in the FPS & Racing generation or games where you can invest and give a lot of $$ to companies!

Nowadays I understand what the phrase "In my time the games were better" means. I'm seeing this phrase every time I see a child spending $ 100 on FPS games, just to enrich the company owning the game on top of usable kits.

Message 5 of 6 (1,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Isnt it annoying how EA its just a money-lover cash-eater monster?

This is EA:

HALtmann.jpg

Message 6 of 6 (1,720 Views)