Re: Servers are down?

by Trashbiscuit5337

Original Post

Servers are down?

★★★ Newbie

Any time I try to start up spore instead of the way it use to give me prompt to login to my game all its doing now is telling me there was trouble connecting to the server check if I’m offline I’ve checked everything but the game refuses to connect to the server why? Have spore servers finally been shut down for good why can’t I access it?

Message 1 of 9 (1,099 Views)

★ Apprentice
Are you still having issues? I can log in fine
Message 2 of 9 (1,066 Views)

★ Novice

I once heard that versions installed directly on the computer not on steam or origin aren't no longer supported with sporepedia i tried to move it onto origin but the game was something like rooted to directly installed version so i dont know what to do

Message 3 of 9 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive the exact same issue, i downloaded spore on steam and created an ea account then logged in on spore com but cant log-in ingame pls help

Message 4 of 9 (929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same trouble. I can login in the website, but not inside the game. What do I do??? 

Message 5 of 9 (908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukw096nnDU8

(This video will help, follow the instructions in this video. It worked for me.

(By the way, don't use Microsoft Edge or internet explorer when going on the EA website because it won't work, make sure to use chrome

Message 6 of 9 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Message 7 of 9 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’ve figured out the problem, the issue is if you own the disc copy the servers have been shut down so if you want to sign in to the servers you need to install the game through origin which is a hassle on its own in order to reedeem your disc copy code for spore on origin you’ll have to get ahold of support because the games old most codes are a bit obsolete I had to send them photos of my disc copy in the case and the part of the manual where it shows the disc code and the bar code. But if you have the disc version installed you have to uninstall the game from your computer before installing on origin or else it won’t work properly. If you’ve installed it on origin while still having the disc copy installed on the computer you’ll need to uninstall and then reinstall the game through origin Once again. When you start it from origin after that it should be giving the prompt to sign into the sever just fine . If you don’t have the disc version and are experiencing trouble with the steam, or origin version I’d try uninstalling and reinstalling. You will only lose the creations and progress you made while playing offline. Sorry I can’t say much more about any issues with steam as I’ve installed my game through origin by redeeming my old disc copy

Message 8 of 9 (854 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to uninstall and reinstall the game through origin that’s what happened to me now I can sign in just fine 

Message 9 of 9 (844 Views)