Re: I have an idea to request to the development team

by Music-007

Original Post

I have an idea to request to the development team

★★ Novice

This is an request about an idea to add to the game Spore. 

My idea is to make it so you can actually land your ship at T3 planets and enter friendly colonies with the ability to interact with the inhabitants. This way the player has more to do rather than just explore the universe and colonize. 

One of the features I was thinking to have was that when your in an colony you have to feed your player and you can live on the planets.

The outside would stay the same as to what players want their custom buildings to look like, But you could walk towards the building and press an button on your keyboard to enter and see the inside.

But if the player wants to, They can edit the interior of the place by editing it in the building editor that is already in the game.

Plus maybe they could have missions being good or bad. One idea was to be able to hunt down others for money. Basically being an contract killer. One other idea was to have an job where you actually hunt down and kill/arrest the contract killers.

I was thinking that maybe the player had to work on getting an spacecraft so that way the player gets used to the city kind of thing.

One other suggestion was to make it so players can have the option to actually control the vehicles they make. That way your not just commanding from literally nowhere in-game and the player gets to use their creations as long as it has an cockpit/bridge.

Plus maybe for spaceships they could have it so players can fully interact with the ship if they wanted to, But they have an option to learn the controls and to make it simple.

Maybe if instead the player could actually fly to different solar systems it would make the game an bit more fun because your not just clicking on solar systems to fly around

Message 1 of 9 (1,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry, but do you know how old this game is and when the most recent update was? Not likely any more updates will EVER come.

Message 2 of 9 (1,075 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Then again... They did just announce that these forums existed...

Clearly they might have not forgotten.

@SpicySpongebawb wrote:

I'm sorry, but do you know how old this game is and when the most recent update was? Not likely any more updates will EVER come.

Message 3 of 9 (1,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I know that they stopped updating, But I thought that maybe they stopped because they did not have any more ideas.

Either way this was meant to be seen an month or so ago by someone that works with the development team so they could possibly figure out of it is an good idea to add it into the game.

Please do not comment any more unless you are someone who is interested in adding the idea to the game.

Message 4 of 9 (1,045 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would be very interested in seeing this happen!  I think Galactic Adventures does something like it, but not nearly at this level of immersion. I know that there'd be a only a small chance of this idea ever being considered unfortunately, but I'd support this idea completely!

Message 5 of 9 (834 Views)

★★ Novice

I am already working on an game that adds this and an bit more I can't exactly say. It's been an bit but I'm trying to gather an team to work on one part of the game like an government contract.

I was almost thinking to just mod the game to add it in.

If I do end up modding galactic adventures in order to add the features, did you want to have it? I don't mind if you share it with others considering how small of an mod it will be compared to my other ideas

Message 6 of 9 (829 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd want it, but I don't think I'd be good with distributing and sharing it.  I play Spore often, but I'm not as active or well known in the community as I might like to be.
If you do decide to mod Galactic Adventures, or go through and continue with making your own game (in which case, good luck!), make sure to troubleshoot it thoroughly.  The simplest bugs or errors can be gamebreaking sometimes.  That, and you'd want to find a very secure site to host downloads from for when you finish.  Alot of times, I'll be apprehensive about downloading good mods simply because of the site they're using (such as Mediafire).
How much progress have you made so far with the game?

Message 7 of 9 (818 Views)

★★ Novice

I haven't made much progress on making the game yet, My PC shut down during while I was trying to load some models into unity and essentially killed my PC. Now I'm waiting on an repair guy to fix it and upgrade it so I can get back to loading the models into unity

Message 8 of 9 (812 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry about your pc.  I hope things work out for you!

Message 9 of 9 (807 Views)