Re: Apparently Maxis is creating a new game

by FUNGUSMONSTER

Original Post

Apparently Maxis is creating a new game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

https://simsvip.com/2018/09/10/the-sims-5-maxis-recruiting-for-exciting-new-game-in-the-sims-franchi...

Now it’s pretty obvious that it’s talking about a Sims game of some kind. Most likely The Sims 5.

However in my opinion this is good news for Spore. It means Maxis is still making new games. (Not just expansion packs)

This is likely The Sims 5 not Spore 2 but it means Spore 2 is still a possibility. Remember when everyone freaked out about EA shutting down Maxis’ old studio? Well it seems the Maxis team is still actually making games in their new studio and they haven’t been reduced to a mere brand.

Message 1 of 4 (1,825 Views)

[ Edited ]

The real problem is. Maxis is not equal to Maxis.
Maxis staff that developing current Sims series is a completely different team.

The Maxis staff with Will Wright, who had their studio in Emeryville, does not exist anymore.
This studio was closed a few years ago and therefore there is no successor.

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 4 (1,732 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Maxis have closed down. I don't think there will be a Spore Two or Sims Five.

Message 3 of 4 (1,225 Views)

★★ Novice

Why would the maxis studio in ermnyville need a successor when when the team that had been absorbed in EA can work on a new spore game as ea members?

Message 4 of 4 (1,139 Views)