A new "Spore"- Like Game is being made and needs support!

by ArgonianBrony

Original Post

A new "Spore"- Like Game is being made and needs support!

★★★ Newbie

So those who want a new spore, there is a group out there making one and they need some support! The game is called thrive and is still in VERY EARLY development but I feel the more people know about it, the more help it can get to finish! they so far have the microbe stage done (a stage that was supposed to be in the original spore) and they are still adding to it.

The website they have for a general sense of whats going on is here

http://revolutionarygamesstudio.com/

And they have a development forum here

https://forum.revolutionarygamesstudio.com/

I'm spreading this to all of those that love spore and want another, hopefully the old spore community here can help!

Message 1 of 8 (2,862 Views)

Re: A new "Spore"- Like Game is being made and needs support!

★ Guide
i have heard a lot about this. it definitely needs more attention.
Message 2 of 8 (2,789 Views)

★★★ Novice

Been around for a while now. But interested.

Message 3 of 8 (2,705 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I bet that by the time that Thrive starts doing stuff other than a cell stage, the technology it runs on will go obsolete.
Message 4 of 8 (2,246 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

They are now making the version 0.4.2 that will have patch maps and (possibly) a new GUI.

Message 5 of 8 (1,841 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! I've Bookmarked those Links for future Research. :D

Message 6 of 8 (1,778 Views)

★★ Novice

I love spore. My son introduced me to it. 12 years ago and I still play. I have a seizure disorder and this is one of the few games I can Play. I look forward to something new. Any way of having a version of opting to stay under water and evolve and get an aquatic kingdom going? I like swimming too!

Message 7 of 8 (1,612 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I hope we can do such stuff in Thrive, even if it meant having to get creative with stuff like Smelting Stuff needing to be done via some kinda Tech that uses Sea Bed Geothermal Vents, or such like that. Large smile

Message 8 of 8 (1,594 Views)