wrong weapons showing during cutscenes.

by winchester68

Original Post

wrong weapons showing during cutscenes.

★★★★★ Novice

not sure wich subject this would come under, technicle, bug etc. something i feel thats spoiling the gamea little so far is that it suffers something mass effect 3 did. 1 and 2 showed currently equiped weapons during all cuttscenes. so far andromeda seems to switch between mulitple weapons during cutscense that i dont even have equiped. i went from revanent , to crouching holding m8 riffle, to using a pistol i dont have epuiped to golding revanant again to an smg  i dont have equiped t all. Is there any chance this can be patched?  because it kinda spoils the experience a little. this was something i loved about 1 and 2 and hated about 3 . spoils the experience, the imersion.

Message 1 of 15 (2,115 Views)

Re: wrong weapons showing during cutscenes.

★★★★ Guide

Sorry I didn't find this earlier! I think I searched by "Avenger" rather than "M8"...

Message 2 of 15 (2,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

One and two didn't have any variety in weapons and three still has this same issue today.

It is annoying though. I agree.

Message 3 of 15 (2,071 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
For me it just switches all the guns (Ryder and squad mates) to M-8 Avengers. It's especially glaring on Jaal, who uses a kett weapon and Drack, who uses the Ruzad shotgun. It feels like the devs completely glossed over QA in order to release the game sooner.
Message 4 of 15 (2,050 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, i hope this will be fixed. Spending kingdoms into keeping the sandstorm AR at the highest level and then in the coolest cutscenes my pathfinder wields the standard initiatve weapon sucks.

Message 5 of 15 (2,038 Views)

★ Guide

As already said, it happened in ME3, too. I don't know why, it feels more like a limit than a bug but then in some cutscenes you have the right weapons so I don't really understand what's happening.

Message 6 of 15 (2,030 Views)

★ Guide

If only ME:A was the only game with this issue, I've seen plenty of games where your choice of weapon doesn't matter for cutscenes. Frown

Message 7 of 15 (2,018 Views)

★★ Pro

The reason they all revert to the M8 Avenger, or a pistol (depending on how far you've gotten in the game)

is the fact that it IS A CUT SCENE.

It was a scene created prior to the launch of the game, where they could not possibly

take into consideration the multitude of variations, players would have for loadouts.

So the M8 Avenger is just a placeholder, or a fill in prop... for the cutscene.

Can you imagine how difficult it would be to actually

code a cutscene to allow for the whole variety of weapons, 

weapon mods, and whatnot?

the cutscene is a short movie clip. it's not necessarily an 

interactive portion of the game.....

Message 8 of 15 (2,015 Views)

★ Guide

Uhm, no, because your character has the face you give them and sometimes the right weapon. They're "cut scenes" but they're generated in engine by the game. Pre-programmed, not pre-done.

Message 9 of 15 (2,010 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Seconding that reply: all the cutscenes with your character are rendered ad hoc, not pre-rendered. Otherwise how would it get the face right? And, more topically, how would it get the weapon right sometimes but not always? I guarantee you no one pre-programmed the Revenant as a cutscene weapon, but my Ryder uses one in combat and (sometimes, when the game gets it right) in cutscenes.

What confuses me is how it's sometimes right but mostly not. If it's going to be wrong, shouldn't it be wrong all the time?
Message 10 of 15 (2,004 Views)