worried about AI on new map

by Swarth2300

Original Post

worried about AI on new map

★★★ Guide

i wont put this in feedback because maybe it wont be so bad but if the new map does have wildlife everywhere on the map like its reported(again it might not be true) then that sounds very unfun, in the middle of a fight only to be attacked by wildlife sounds painful, anyone else worried? i would happy for wildlife to roam small sections of the map but reports of them being all over the map sounds worrying

Message 1 of 4 (165 Views)

Re: worried about AI on new map

★★★★ Pro

@Swarth2300 

yeah no, any bots, I'm out 100%

Message 2 of 4 (143 Views)

Champion
@Swarth2300 I haven't seen much of anything about it, but I did read one piece about the data miners talking about it, and they seem inclined to believe it will be similar to the flyers on KC, where they don't attack or interact with players, but will reward us with loot if we kill them. At this time though, it's purely speculation, so I wouldn't think too much into it yet.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 3 of 4 (134 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Swarth2300 I would imagine that "being all over the map" would imply they be found in pockets in certain areas of the map and will only be limited to a certain range of how far they can go their spawn location.

At least I hope that's what it'll be, I had the same idea back in season 5 when working on my first season and had the forethought to take into account that if they were literally everywhere and capable to attack at any given moment that would be frustrating. I made them limited in such ways to be more fun.

But if they go the way of the aforementioned limitations then I'd love to have some animal AI to fight, loot, and potentially see some new creatures rather than the same three we've always had.
Message 4 of 4 (121 Views)