will my origin games transfer to a new device?

by evanchild8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

will my origin games transfer to a new device?

★★★ Newbie

I really want a origin key for nfs shift 2: unleashed because it is delisted digitally, but I also want the new steam deck. if I redeem it on laptop, will it transfer to steam deck or other new devices?

Message 1 of 3 (255 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: will my origin games transfer to a new device?

Community Manager

@evanchild8 Since the Steam Deck is still not out and not made by EA, I am not sure how it will handle running third-party clients like Origin/EA Desktop. I know Valve has made comments that it can run other clients, but we may have to wait for it to launch to fully see how it runs them. 

For other normal Windows devices (going from one laptop to another) you will be able to take your games with you, Once you digitally redeem a code or purchase one on Origin all you will have to do is download Origin on the new device and sign in with the same account and you will see your game library and will have the option to download them.

Hope this helps!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (239 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@evanchild8 Since the Steam Deck is still not out and not made by EA, I am not sure how it will handle running third-party clients like Origin/EA Desktop. I know Valve has made comments that it can run other clients, but we may have to wait for it to launch to fully see how it runs them. 

For other normal Windows devices (going from one laptop to another) you will be able to take your games with you, Once you digitally redeem a code or purchase one on Origin all you will have to do is download Origin on the new device and sign in with the same account and you will see your game library and will have the option to download them.

Hope this helps!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 3 (240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Illium Ok thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (225 Views)