why the lack of communication, respawn?

by Ge0hDude

Original Post

why the lack of communication, respawn?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just wondering why you won’t reach out to your playerbase? From what I’ve seen in the forums, a lot of people are complaining about cheaters, and lack of content (new modes, weapons, maps) so why can’t you give us a brief explanation as to what you’re doing about this? If anything at all? I don’t know much how running a game works but I can imagine it’s not that hard to address these issues at hand instead of leaving us in the dark. You don’t need to have an answer to all the problems, but if you show that you’re listening then I think the player base would calm down. I’m sure a lot of us want to see this game succeed 

Message 1 of 6 (577 Views)

Re: why the lack of communication, respawn?

★★ Pro

I want this game to succeed... It's the most well-rounded BR I've played. I'm on console, so I don't have a lot of the problems PC players have noticed, but I want everything to be addressed before the community becomes permanently toxic. Some people will complain just to complain, but overall, we could be much happier with some kind of communication. There's got to be a social media manager or something that can be the "face" of Respawn, interacting with the players and communicating their plans. Right now it's just Community Managers skimming the forums - which is very appreciated, but it's one-sided. They can communicate our feedback, but we need responses from them as well. 

Message 2 of 6 (553 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "apex legende road map"

everything is there, its enough to know where the game is going, for the hack etc etc they are already banishing so they work on i think. 

Message 3 of 6 (458 Views)

★★★ Guide

I would be perfectly content with new legends, new weapons, new loot drip fed to us IF they added ranked/matchmaking to the game. The game has no progression and no matchmaking of any kind making playing solo with randoms one of the worst experiences in any competitive game I have played.

What I don't understand about Respawn is they paid all these streamers to attract a big fanbase around the game and have since done nothing with their game.. why spend so much on streamers to advertise the game if they were just going to let the game rot the way it is.

It's naive of Respawn to think the game in its current form would retain players for a long time, there is no substance to the game, no ranked, no progression just full of balance issues, bugs and player related issues like randoms/hackers.

Message 4 of 6 (432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Correct me if i'm wrong, everybody expect the devs to give infos, but hey, devs have nothing to do with the forum community; for the player-base there are the community managers and, we can say whatever we want, as soon there are any news they write down a thread that explain all the points and changes.

There might be bugs, laggy servers, cheaters (on pc so, please split the pc community from consoles) and no much contents (this is just a point of view) but nobody can say that without communications they are not working on fixing those problems.

They probably work every day, even saturday and sunday shift, on troubleshooting the game's problems and listening to people crying cause they are frustrated about something should be tiresome for them; the community is broken, not the game.

I would like to have new modes, new maps and new contents in general but will see what they'll bring out. 

Peace. 

Message 5 of 6 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Even on Reddit the last reply from the "Community Manager" was 7 days ago.... the day the patchnotes got released. (and he only posted 3 short things that day).

Before the patchnotes there had been 7 days silence again... and before that 4 days.

Seriously... this is not how a "Community Manager" should act. He should actually be the one who talks to us on a daily basis and hang around forums and all socialmedia plattforms for atleast 4-6 hours while the other 2-4 hours from his workingshift are for meetings and other things internally, because that´s what he gets paid for.

The plattform that gets used atleast a little bit is twitter, but mostly for retweets and some short comments on fanarts, but no real informations... doesn´t feel like an official account, but more like a private one.

The roadmap isn´t even pinned somewhere and no information about it on the official homepage.... just that single picture floating around the internet without any explainations what´s it all about and what they actually are planning to do in the future with this gem of a game.

Message 6 of 6 (395 Views)