Re: why is it that if my team mates are toxic players, but I'm the one being ban

by Mr_Kaplan013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why is it that if my team mates are toxic players, but I'm the one being banned

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Why is it that my team mates are so toxic in playing, they troll me, they are greedy, they don't help me when im down or dead, but when I say words to them because i'm angry, I'm the one being banned, and they get to still play. I get it that its bad for hateful speech but i'm playing my best and APEX is partnering me with [CM - removed] GUYS that are so toxic!!!! I suggest taht please be fair, don't ban immediately if they report hateful speech, REVIEW THE MATCH FIRST!!!!! THANK YOU.

Message 1 of 11 (1,360 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: why is it that if my team mates are toxic players, but I'm the one being ban

★★ Guide

We have learn a lesson bro !

i have the same problem two weeks ago. Some one call me with a bad word...i replay the same but y forgot to put the symbol ?
is in the next sentence.

the lesson ? i dont speak to everyone !

Even if they read the chat log they could take some another action...but....no ! they dont care about that.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,321 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

We have learn a lesson bro !

i have the same problem two weeks ago. Some one call me with a bad word...i replay the same but y forgot to put the symbol ?
is in the next sentence.

the lesson ? i dont speak to everyone !

Even if they read the chat log they could take some another action...but....no ! they dont care about that.

Message 2 of 11 (1,322 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Mr_Kaplan013

I get that it's definitely frustrating when someone is being toxic, but the same rules apply to everyone. If you fire back at them with bad language or toxicity it can get your account banned as well. 

The best thing to do in situations like this is to just report the person and move on. I know it's not always easy to hold your tongue, but that's the best way to avoid any actions on your own account. 

That said, I'm afraid that account bans aren't something we would be able to help with here on Answers HQ. If you haven't already I'd recommend getting in touch with the Terms of Service team so they can take a look at your account. They'll determine if the ban can be lifted. 

You can find more info on how to set up a case with them at the EA Help website. The TOS team will review your case and get back to you via email as soon as they can. 

Kent.png
Message 3 of 11 (1,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yeah, don't rise to the bait.  It's probably all part of how those trolls have fun by baiting people and then reporting them. The fact that you got reported despite being the victim suggests that this is their plan don't you think?

I doubt very much that action is actually ever taken when players are reported for "Sabotage" or whatever they call it though. Naughty words = instant ban, cheating = maybe deal with them at some point, possibly . . and just general poor behaviour, I doubt they even bother. Quite hard to define unacceptable behaviour really, I am sure some people out there report their team mates just because they cant keep up with their suicidal Octane rushing.  Can't really see how a moderator could deal with that.

Can anyone provide an instance of someone actually having action taken against them for just being "toxic" and not using certain key words in chat?

Message 4 of 11 (1,288 Views)

@Piabetic I think it's hard to define "toxic" in this instance. I would hope that they would take action against people that spam rez, dive their team to their deaths, punch you off cliffs, etc. But as for simply not rezzing or "being greedy," that's not necessarily toxic. As you know of course, not sure why I'm telling you this, lol.
Message 5 of 11 (1,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@LaughingSharkoYeah, it's just the nature of these type of games. OP doesn't give details of what he did to get banned of course. I doubt very much he called them "meanies" or suggested they catch a serious disease or fall foul of some fire or something!

Message 6 of 11 (1,276 Views)

Champion

I think people just need to calm down. You arent seeing the game from your teammates perspective. The other day I was with two randoms. We get into our first fight. I fried two people and hurt the 3rd but went to heal. My teammates went after the 3rd and died. While I was healing one guy puts on his mic and starts f bombing me to do something instead of being useless. I dropped all my stuff and let the other guy kill me. End game screen I have 600 damage. The guy that was yelling......56. I laughed and left.

Message 7 of 11 (1,248 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Mr_Kaplan013 I know it's frustrating that there are people who are awful not just in this game but also in real life. Always auto mute randoms and if they're still trolling then just quit that game. It's not worth your time.
Message 8 of 11 (1,243 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

You were healing but in my case they have full armor and life I qould not be angry to them if they have no armor left I will understand that but to run so far away when its already gun fight and to think im doing the best I can to come to them they are useless af!!!!

[CM - removed all-caps]

Message 9 of 11 (1,165 Views)

Community Manager

@Mr_Kaplan013 

Sometimes people are just unreasonable, or as others have pointed out, they could be trying to upset you on purpose. If you blow up on them it could lead to your account being suspended or banned. The rules still apply. 

It's best to just not even engage with someone like this at all. 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 11 (1,066 Views)