Re: why does nobody use voice chat

by GRiPSViGiL

Original Post

why does nobody use voice chat

★★ Newbie

Why is it that nobody uses their microphones?? you will ask if anyone has a mic and nobody says anything, then halfway through the game they finally say one thing. It truly makes me want togo back to fortnite even though how * it is , because people actually communicate....

Message 1 of 16 (1,152 Views)

★ Pro
I agree, also spotting enemy out, I mean so many times just spotting the enemy will help out ALOT.
Message 2 of 16 (1,143 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

People are used to playing games solo Rambo style and then on top of that add the damage and kill badges which I am sure some people are trying to get by playing like that.  Most of all I think people are on other VOIP clients since I been told I sound like crap through APEX VOIp but I am crystal clear in Discord or TS3.

Message 3 of 16 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Guide

this game just not fun in squads thats how it is when i play with my squad all 10k+kills players its just kill race who will grab more kills so i rather prefare to go random lobby leave noob teammates dead and play solo

Message 4 of 16 (1,119 Views)

★★ Guide

I put myself in a party before I even boot up Apex (PS4 here) because nine times out of ten there's always somebody who's either A) Blasting horrible, oud and distorted music through thier headset or B) Somebody having a conversation with somebody else in the background and not actually paying attention to the game.

I live in the UK and funninily enough I get paired up with a lot of people who don't speak english. I can't understand them so what's the point in my having my mic switched on? We have the ping system to break down the language/silence barrier anyways.

Message 5 of 16 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Expert

@ThatFawkzi wrote:

I put myself in a party before I even boot up Apex (PS4 here) because nine times out of ten there's always somebody who's either A) Blasting horrible, oud and distorted music through thier headset or B) Somebody having a conversation with somebody else in the background and not actually paying attention to the game.

I live in the UK and funninily enough I get paired up with a lot of people who don't speak english. I can't understand them so what's the point in my having my mic switched on? We have the ping system to break down the language/silence barrier anyways.

So true lol, i'm from the Netherlands, and i experience this an awful lot too.

I used to just leave games with loud and obnoxious folks playing music while they play before you could mute people...

Actually, I still do that since i expect people to pay attention to footsteps in shooters.

Message 6 of 16 (1,088 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Why do you think everyone wants to chat? Try the lfg. Over 90% of the lfg post are microphone mandatory post. 

Message 7 of 16 (1,051 Views)

★★★ Guide

Because we (casual players) don't want to argue with someone , like me only voice chat with real life friends , you can say that is anti-social . Better play dead and keep silent when there is a stranger in my team .

If you have some ideas just tell us what you want , we are listening .Wink

Message 8 of 16 (1,036 Views)

★ Guide

i turned off ingame voice about day 2 and never turned it back on again once

the lobbies and the player base is too toxic its already frustraiting enough if you have a bad team or a drop gone wrong then to deal with them complaining is just too much so something had to go and since i enjoy the game it was the voice for pugs

use Apex's Discord youll meet thousdands of people ready to play with your skill cap

Message 9 of 16 (1,029 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Because the ping system is so good? It handles everything when used correctly

Message 10 of 16 (995 Views)