Re: why do you keep mixing ranks?

by Anonymous

Original Post

★ Guide

I would like it if they ranked everyone with people their own lvl or in exceptional cases where there isn't enough players 1 level below them such as plat 1 gets matched with plat 1 and 2 or diamond IV 

Because the way it is at the moment it matches people to my plat 1 games who are in silver 2 how is that anywhere near plat 1 that is 9 rank levels below me that's crazy, what sort of bogus matchmaking is that.

Message 11 of 35 (999 Views)

★★★★ Guide

bump

Message 12 of 35 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm currently Gold II myself but I play with two Plat III's. We all are at a similar skill level but they have had more time to play so when we play everyone is a whole tier above me.

According to stats we win every 8th game we play, every 3rd is a top 5. With kills and dmg to prove our worth.

So you guys matching with people from lower ranks might match with others like me.

And you that match with similar but bad players might just match with people that got carried higher than their skill.

Message 13 of 35 (935 Views)

★ Guide

Bump

Why even have a rank system if they're going to mix low ranks with high ranks.

Message 14 of 35 (879 Views)

★★★★ Guide

the question is, will we ever get an answer, do the devs read the forum?

Message 15 of 35 (871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I’m diamond and my goal was to get out of plat lobbies because to be honest, they’re all trash. As a diamond solo, I keep getting teamed with two plat 4’s going against predators. Diamond with master/predators I understand because the player base is small, but mixing skill with garbage to go against full pre made master/predator squads is so stupid. I’ve lost more points because of trash players that die early game than anything else

Message 16 of 35 (820 Views)

★★★★ Guide

meanwhile, the devs are still sleeping zzzzzz

Message 17 of 35 (798 Views)

Anonymous

you think 30 ping is bad about 20 ping WE .South Africans have to compete with 200 ping on our best that is London Sweat City ..even our SA team  mange to get into sum Apex tournaments   but do they stand a chance no 

Message 18 of 35 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@NaRnIaaasame reason they (respawn) don't do anything about cheaters; they don't care.
People like you and I can just buy a battlepass and shut-up.

Also, didn't you hear? Working from home is haaaaaaaaard Devil

Message 19 of 35 (6,525 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue. Only recently started playing ranked and blitzed to plat, only to start consistently being put in lobbies with preds where I'm way out my depth. Just finished a match where I was killed by a full predator squad including the #3. Why am I playing the #3? It takes the fun out of it, it would be much better to wait double the time for a game but only play against other plat players. 

Another issue with the ranking/matchmaking is the fact that you cant get deranked. There are so many plat IVs who consistently go hot drops alone and die without caring because they're stuck at 4800, so they dont care, and it wastes the match for their teammates. With such a big jump between gold and plat especially, you HAVE to be able to derank.

Message 20 of 35 (625 Views)