why do we need sbmm in pubs when theres ranked?

by a24zxc5411011abx

Original Post

Re: why do we need sbmm in pubs when theres ranked?

★ Guide
@DarthValtrex Yeah. It's because these players make comments that are self-serving. They don't care about any one else's experience. They don't (know, let alone) care that if the change was made, and SBMM was removed, that those new players would just quit the game after being matched against people far above their skill level. No one enjoys being beaten beyond a reasonable chance to succeed; and it would be a shotgun in the foot of the game, leading to its quicker end.

But these players never see anything in life from a perspective other than their own.
Message 11 of 23 (754 Views)

@Aegis_Kleais I don’t know if it’s entirely that. The higher skill lobbies are definitely difficult, especially if you’re on the lower end of that lobbies skill level. When I end up in the lobbies with 5+ pred trails and endless diamonds, i rarely last long And it’s difficult. But it ends up improving my game play slightly.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 23 (720 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Aegis_Kleais That’s how a good SBMM would work. In Apex Legends though, SBMM means being matched with top 300 Apex Predators from the leaderboard.

I mean I finally convinced my friends to download this game because you can rarely ever get teammates that don’t flame and leave the second they get downed, anyway my friends are new to the game and barely know how to shoot, and every team we encountered was playing as if they were competing for a million dollar prizepool. They ended up uninstalling...
Message 13 of 23 (701 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@a24zxc5411011abx I totally agree with you pubs you should be able to vs anyone doesn’t matter if the person has 100000 kills or 0 kills it should be all random? If you want competition, play ranked but even in ranked I was diamond going against predators???? I should be going against other diamonds. Ranked needs to be fixed and If you are for sbmm in pubs then you are part of the problem why any multiplayer is not good anymore.
Message 14 of 23 (642 Views)

Champion
@disguyian9 What? Have you even read this thread? xD So you as a diamond player should be placed in lobbies with newbs? How is that fair to anyone but YOU? It's like Darth said, new players wouldn't enjoy the game so most of them would end up leaving. The OP was talking about SBMM being in pubs not ranked. That's another topic.

Like @hayhor said with how pubs are you always get the same kind of scenario of "Every game I have everything from people that cant move to full on predators." There's a mixture of both newbs and high skill players.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 23 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@BaldWraithSimp

Not that I want absolutely random lobbies (I actually want SBMM to be toned down, not eliminated), but the average player occasionally running into the 20 bomb 4k Wraith is actually more fair than forcing skilled players into tournament level matches in pubs (EVERY MATCH).

Remember back before they cranked the SBMM up? Pubs offered variance. SBMM was there but it wasn’t as aggressive. My pubs right now are literally all Masters and Preds. The game fundamentally changes at that level because one small mistake and you get melted. This is exactly how ranked should play— not pubs.

Again, I don’t want SBMM removed, but I do want the overall difficulty of pub lobbies toned down. Revert it back to 2019.

Message 16 of 23 (604 Views)

★ Guide

@Aegis_Kleais 

I'll tell you why pub players DONT WANT SBMM.  Go to YouTube and look up Apex ALGS or TSM ImperialHal or Snip3down or SweetDreams or any of those Predator lobby sweats and pay attention to how people play.  This is how every pub game goes for people like me.  People play like there's thousands of dollars on the line.  Every. Single. Game.

You people cannot fathom this because you're not skilled enough to be up in this bracket of SBMM.  I cannot stress this enough.  Every. Single. Game. Plays like an ALGS tournament.  

You wanna talk about having an equal chance to win against everyone?  That's because your lobbies are easy and forgiving.  You have to hit 30% of your shots to win a gunfight.  We have to hit 90% at a bare minimum.  If you miss you die.  Back to the lobby.  And you know what I wouldn't even complain as long as my packet loss didn't spike to 50% for no reason or I wasn't on 150 ping when it says the server is on 23 and I myself am I on 30

Message 17 of 23 (576 Views)

★ Expert

@ErectRainbow  Honestly if you think that they play pubs like tournaments clearly you don't watch them. Competitive is a completely different story and its difficulty is miles higher than predator ranked or pubs. If someone plays constantly tournaments he goes up against the best of the world, and the best of the world is far better than the high skilled players of Apex. There's nothing you can do against them simply because they're too far ahead of the pack, unless you get a lot better of course.

Don't get me wrong sbmm doesn't work in Apex and it's broken, but asking for its removal is also a bad thing. It'd kill the newbies and people who simply are not that good at the game.

Message 18 of 23 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@GH0STEDbyME If you learned to read, you would’ve seen I said for ranked a diamond player should vs another diamond player and pubs should not have sbmm because it’s unfair to everyone from sweats, to average good people, to bots. It doesn’t benefit anyone except make pubs sweaty every match. If you look at cod, fortnite and even apex, all those players are leaving to play Minecraft and other pve games, that’s why Minecraft has most players it’s ever had since 2010 because you don’t have to deal with sbmm. 😂

Message 19 of 23 (560 Views)

Champion
@disguyian9 First of all don't be an *. All FPS players aren't leaving to play Minecraft in the slightest. To say there shouldn't be any SBMM is ridiculous.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 20 of 23 (541 Views)