Re: why do we need sbmm in pubs when theres ranked?

by Axs5626Sxa5001

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@ErectRainbowI understand how passionate you are about SBMM. I too, am pretty miserable when I play Apex because I’m in the same pubs as you. The algorithm absolutely needs to be tuned and the overall difficulty of these lobbies needs to be decreased.

But I urge you not to look for validation from the forums. By virtue of being a top 100 player, your experience is vastly different from the majority of the community— so although they understand your perspective they don’t realize *understand*;most haven’t felt what it’s like to exclusively drop in lobbies with the top 1%. Most of these people understand how skilled Predators are, but don’t know what a lobby of 85% preds feels like game after game after game.

Then there is the other facet of this which is— people often don’t have sympathy for people who occupy the top of a hierarchy. When a rich person complains about a situation that is unfair to them, people tend not to be terribly concerned. As it applies to gaming, there is a serious stigma associated with skilled players. Even if something unethical was happening to players at the top of the hierarchy, plenty of people wouldn’t care about that issue— and some could even be happy said issue exists, because “screw those no-life players.”

So ultimately, complaints against a system that benefits the largest demographic of a community (low to average skilled players) will often be a lost cause. Online gaming in particular seems to be an industry that is moving towards the implementation of methods aimed at maximizing the experience of the average Joe, even if it places added strain on players who aren’t average.

Message 21 of 23 (246 Views)

★★★ Novice
@BaldWraithSimp I Completely agree with having the sbmm in pubs. Ppl play pubs to relax and not get sweated on every 2 seconds. My lobbies always have previous preds, masters and the likes and they'll be 3 stacking while me and my friend are sitting here with less than 10k kills life time total and everyone else except 1 or 2 teams in the lobby have 10k kills on one character. Not to mention I only have about 220 wins life time and the ppl in my lobby have 4x that on one character let alone lifetime numbers. Why should anyone have to deal with that when pubs are meant to be more relaxed "at your skill lv" experience? It's been broken since the switch release and apex refuses to fix it. Even ranked is horrible with cheaters and smurfs alike. The only part of apex that doesn't seem broken as far as sbmm goes is arenas and I say that lightly too. Season 10 needs to get a major overhaul for the sbmm or apex is gonna die bc even pros are putting it down constantly now for other games.
Message 22 of 23 (189 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Axs5626Sxa5001 If they were really focused on fixing things for the average player in apex things would've been fixed already. Instead every time I load up the game and hop in pubs or my gold ranked lobbies atm, it's nothing but, preds, masters and cheaters. You get the occasional 1 or 2 teams that is stuck in there like you are but, other than that you wait for placement and for the threats to kill eachother off. What are you gonna do though if you make the last 2 squads in that situation? You gonna sit there and actually try to beat a full team of preds with red evos and probably 10 kills or more a piece. Chances are you have blue, maybe purple evos if you're lucky. Might even win if you're lucky as all hell and everything works out but, truth of the matter is that 99x out of 100 an average skilled player is not winning those and apex refuses to either acknowledge that it's a major problem or refuses to fix it even though they full well know it is. Question is do they know and not care or do they really not realize how bad it is right now daily for the average skilled player in pubs? Idk about everyone else but, me personally; I don't think they care about anyone except pros and their precious ranked mode that keeps them as pros. If they did care about the average player then they would fix the cheating, the sbmm, the smurfing to some degree and overall that they'd stop listening to the stupid pros who just wanna w key everything and stop nerfing everything into the ground just bc a pro said it was "op". I will say the spitfire nerf was justified and called for by the entire community, honestly I think they still need to tweak it a bit more but, some nerfs recently have been super harmful to the average player who can't just point their gun and melt somebody and that's more what I'm getting at with that. We'll see if they actually adress things in season 10 bc it's less than 20 days away at this point.
Message 23 of 23 (181 Views)