Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

when will testing sign ups become avail?

by Clexious

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

when will testing sign ups become avail?

★ Novice

when will testing sign ups become available just wondering?

Message 1 of 9 (638 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: when will testing sign ups become avail?

Past sign-up have been via BioWare Beacon, don't know if that will apply this time, but the site exists:

https://beacon.bioware.com/

From my experience, public or semi-public testing starts in a really controlled and limited way to prevent some *** leaking it, before eventually a public beta will allow a pile of people to try, but of course much closer to launch.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (1,139 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert
Doesn't work that way. In your Origin account profile you can say you want to be considered for game testing opportunities, then provide some basic info (platform, etc.)

Once you do that, you *might* be contacted if/when a studio wants any general user play testing. (Likelihood is tiny, but hey! Likelihood is zero if you don't indicate your interest.)
Message 2 of 9 (630 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I already know that i wasnt looking for a stupid answer ive already tested plenty of titles for this compnay and have done it the same by asking this way everytime when that info become availible i will register i already am resgistered i want to know when i should strt looking for that info in my inbox. thanks go back to your pre school class thanks. They always have signups and it has nothign to do with your origin account. you usually have to go make a game account and then get considered for testing but the official site needs to be up like they always do months before testing those sign up pages are usually located on such pages. thanks for the reply though. next time dont bother because you clearly have no info and this post was clearly not directed towards you.

Message 3 of 9 (622 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Your "Newbie" status and "today" sign-up date tell me all I need to know about your level of experience here.

And tell me again how many alpha/beta tests you've done for BioWare?   An attitude like yours doesn't get far with the producers there that I communicate with, but maybe you know others?

Message 4 of 9 (617 Views)
Highlighted

Past sign-up have been via BioWare Beacon, don't know if that will apply this time, but the site exists:

https://beacon.bioware.com/

From my experience, public or semi-public testing starts in a really controlled and limited way to prevent some *** leaking it, before eventually a public beta will allow a pile of people to try, but of course much closer to launch.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 9 (1,140 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@SofaJockeyUK;  Wow!  With the closure of all the studio-specific sites, first the BioWareBoards, then the BioWare Social Network, then the new BioWare forums under EA's umbrella, I hadn't realized the "Beacon" was still active. I remember using it when it was first announced.

But the principle is exactly the same (and may lead to the exact same database behind the scenes) as signing-up through one's Origin account: Throw your hat in the ring anytime, whether or not any testers are needed/wanted. 

Then... "Don't call us. We'll call you." Nerd

Message 6 of 9 (567 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Indeed you are quite correct, the move to EA-wide online presence is clear. That the Beacon site remains 'live' (even if totally dormant) may be an oversight. (The BioWare Social Network remains active of course, it's just 'moved out' *cough* bsn.boards.net )

Nevertheless, BioWare Beacon was last used actively a little over a year ago with the Mass Effect Andromeda technical test (which was sadly cancelled). Here's the tweet from Fernando Melo referencing it:

https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/795681861888573441

As Anthem is somewhat 'new ground' and a great deal is riding on it, it will be interesting to see how testing is accomplished. I expect early testing to be very low key. Later testing may collect participants via BioWare Beacon, or something else.

The final comment to make is that some people view testing as some kind of 'free early access', misunderstanding the point. There is no guaranteed access simply by signing up (far from it). There will be bugs and there is an obligation on testers in exchange for seeing the game ahead of time to share some helpful and meaningful feedback without whining or leaking.

Message 7 of 9 (559 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

Nevertheless, BioWare Beacon was last used actively a little over a year ago with the Mass Effect Andromeda technical test (which was sadly cancelled).

If they hadn't cancelled that, maybe we wouldn't have had that one multiplayer bug at launch where players heard the audio of team mates instead of their own. Tongue out

You can tell the Beacon site is somewhat forgotten because they haven't updated the questionnaire to include the Nintendo Switch as a current platform. They also have NeoGAF as one of the listed social media sites, which nowadays is a bit controversial.

I don't work for EA.

Message 8 of 9 (553 Views)
Highlighted

Quite possible. The test cancellation was announced on March 1st ahead of the March 21st launch.

Put simply, I think they just ran out of time. I remember speaking to someone who participated in the technical test in January (?) and there was a host of stuff that was suggested to be fixed.

Running a wider test would ironically have taken up resources they couldn't spare. It was going out of the door ready (so far as it was) for EA Access (March 16th) and the rest, as they say, is history.
Message 9 of 9 (549 Views)
Twitter Stream