Re: what the f*** PUNCH DAMAGE!!!!

by Jem450R

Original Post

★★ Novice

Aim isn't an issue not bitching causing constantly die from punches. It the fact that punches do 30hp damage when a r99 does only 14 body damage it's crazy OP and it's not balanced at all.

Message 11 of 19 (505 Views)

★ Guide

One punch at 30, with a swing every what 1 second, vs 14 damage every bullet when the r-99 dumps it's full mag in like a second?  Great comparison. 

If you're dieing from melee regularly you're doing something wrong.  Maybe I've been killed twice by it without first being mag dumped. When someone rushes you and you have a gun it should be a free kill. 

Message 12 of 19 (501 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Boxing damage is fine. If you have a gun (even a suck p2020/mozambie) but death because somebody punches you in the face, whose fault is that??  

If you don't like the gun, you can do a boxing match with him, and if you still loose, whose fault is that?

so stop crying about being punched in the face, instead, practice your boxing skill!

Message 13 of 19 (495 Views)

★ Apprentice

@CRAWFISH831 wrote:

why the hell  is punch damage 30 and gun damage so low this makes no sense at all!! i have a gun i am now Superior to an unarmed enemy why can they deal double the damage than i can with a gun?!?!?!? punch damage needs to be at most 10 hp if they wanna fight with their hands make them earn it. this is ridiculous. 

Because it has a high TTK compared to the guns ?

Just because it hits hard up front doesn't mean that it's the fastest way to kill someone. If you have a gun and you're dying to people punching you your aim is off. Most guns in the game will easily do over 100 damage in the time it takes to melee twice which is only 60 damage.

Melee damage is fine how it is, just need to slow down when someones running at you to punch you and take your time, no matter what gun you have, if you're calm and you both have equal hp you can kill the melee character every time before they down you.

Message 14 of 19 (479 Views)

★★★★ Guide

How weak do you think they would need to make the punch before you would call it 'fair'? Damage per hit is one thing but you seem to have glossed over DPS, range, headshot bonuses etc.

You can use literally any gun to get an edge over an unarmed player before they close the gap and beat you senseless. Even then there's no reason why you can't punch while carrying a gun.

If you grab level 1 armour it's also 6 punches to drop you. If your teammates can't arrive to assist then 'death-by-fist' is probably just one minor detail of an already poor drop.

Message 15 of 19 (463 Views)

★ Guide

@cooperal1012> Damn right!

Message 16 of 19 (433 Views)

★ Pro

The only thing i find wrong with melee is when im running away at a sprint and they can run behind me and punch... makes no sense... 

Message 17 of 19 (413 Views)

Community Manager

Punching is underrated. If an enemy squad slightly drops just before you it might be worth it to have all 3 of you track down one individual and corner them.

Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 19 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

A boxing match can be a lot of fun, this squad almost pull out a win with just bare knuckles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxUqEH1Dpo

If they don't get distracted in the last 30 seconds, busy with accelerant for an ultimate attack, use pathfinder ultimate to reach next ring, they might have a chance.

"Dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee! "

Message 19 of 19 (380 Views)