Re: what might be a good anti cheat?

by gg123xyz

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

Third party software goos around your ''checked'' file.

That is a major part of hacking.

There are whole teams and millions / billions of euro's / Dollars going into this.

You have to REALY know how things work.

Hackers vs anti hackers   Cheaters vs anti cheat.

Its a battle that will always be.

The people that are using the cheats are using it to get badges / scores to brag about.

But the people that write them do it either for money or for the challenge it provides to create the cheat software or both.

For example:

People could write a file that just checks the screen that is going to be created by your graphic card.

visualy check where enemy's are and move your mouse ( crosshair ) to a certain position ( A enemy's head. )

( The most basic of basic way to create a aimbot )

And it would completely bypass the apex legends files.

Also anti cheat software could never check my complete ram for weird programs because there are billions of programs out there.

Maintaining that would multiply the cost of games.

Also im rather sure its not allowed to check my complete RAM because of privacy issues.

Also every programmer knows using counters and comparing them is a terrible way of creating reliable programs.

Its realy sensetive to failure. And in this case resulting in banning innocent people that maybe even payed for skins on their account.

So if you realy are the genius that is going to fix the cheating issue that in apex NA and EU servers is already rather good because im rarely running into a blatant aimbot cheater.

Then you should write the program and sell it to them. And become a millionaire.

And blaming the cheating problem in Asia on the developers isn't fair.

Apparently its legal to make money out of selling cheating software in Asia?

Then the fundemental problem lies there and not with the developers of apex legends.

Because the developers can outsmart a few smartasses in their bedroom having fun writing code barely making money off it.

They cannot keep outsmarting a company making millions selling cheats.

Message 11 of 18 (255 Views)

★★ Guide

Im playing EU, only seen 2-3 possible hackers in 300 h+. Then again its rare  that i spectate sins i usually know i messed up when i died, or it was just peacekeeper bullcrap.

But pretty much every game that goes beyond first 3-5 min i have several people spectating even tho there really was nothing suspicius about their deaths. I have a theory that when you are at the result screen you are actually spectating even if you didnt press shift, (sins you can hear the game). Otherwise alot of people are too salty. 

Either way its far from almost every game as some claim.

Message 12 of 18 (240 Views)

★★ Guide

Also by proof i mean in My own games. Even if 100 videos of hackers was posted, that says nothing about how many there are sins you have no reference on how much gameplay it took to meet them.

Message 13 of 18 (240 Views)

★★ Pro

*since

300h and 2-3 cheaters? Wow, I play EU as well and meet at least that many every time I play. Are you on PC?

Message 14 of 18 (238 Views)

★★ Guide

Im on PC.

I dont know, im use to playing rainbow six seige, were normal gameplay just LOOKS like cheating all the time.

Maby om just more inclined to think alot of players are really good, and other times you just fall victim to the opponents luck.

Im a decent player, i can play really good if im rested and mentally balanced (not often). And have moments were im so lucky i might as well have been cheating.

Im assuming the same for My opponents.

Message 15 of 18 (230 Views)

★★ Pro

Same here, have played way to much rainbow 6 and cs:go. I saw cheaters there aswell, but not nearly as many as here.

Message 16 of 18 (228 Views)

★★★ Expert

I have an idea!

Make hacking in video games a felony. 20 years minimum for possession of hacks, 100 minimum for manufacturing game hacks.

I know it'll never happen, but I bet 99.99% of hacking will disappear overnight if those are the consequences, and the FBI is hunting you down.

Message 17 of 18 (215 Views)

★★ Pro

@DaAceXD wrote:

Also every programmer knows using counters and comparing them is a terrible way of creating reliable programs.

Its realy sensetive to failure. And in this case resulting in banning innocent people that maybe even payed for skins on their account.

counters as i would use them would mark beginning points the aim is at to target points and count the mouse xy movements in a loop for each xy position and soo if the person using auto aim goes through the loop or not.

if they do is it a weird goto target? like

- a straight line/perfect aim = does it usually result in a kill.

- does the mouse actually move? i would have multiple program finding actual mouse coordinates and see if they go through the entire loop or not.

same for walls;

is the persons arc of fov point to targets behind walls? match all payers in the game over multiple games, people behind walls are followed by the arc fov of certain people not all = value to find for cheaters.

find arc fov for known cheaters match it to suspected value and then raise a in-game alarm for people who pass this threshold. start mouse tampering programs to see if theres auto aim when they might have walls.

then most importantly, pass this info to the online monitor only. so it cant be debugged out and fixed.

Message 18 of 18 (207 Views)